SENIOR FACILITIES ASSISTANT
Hours of work: 6.30am - 3.00pm
39 hrs per week – Full-time
Actual Salary: £19,743 per annum
A Good School with Outstanding Behaviour and Outstanding Leadership and Management"
Vyners School is a popular and oversubscribed mixed six form entry, 11 – 18 comprehensive school, situation in a pleasant residential area in North-West London, on the borders of Hertfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We are well known for high standards of behaviour and our strong community spirit.
We are now seeking to appoint an experienced, customer focused and ambitious Senior Facilities Assistant to work as part of our on-site team. This is a very important role for the school and plays a key role in ensuring that the school is a safe, secure and well maintained place of work and education. The successful applicant will:
• Demonstrate a range of DIY skills, including plumbing, carpentry, decorating and basic plumbing / electrics.
• Show initiative and a willingness to be involved in all aspects of school life.
• Be hardworking and adaptable, take a flexible approach to work and a ‘common sense’ approach to problem solving.
• Have a proven track record of good working relationships and professionalism and be equally happy working within a team and independently.
• Ability to represent the school professionally, particularly to community groups who hire the school buildings.
• Be trustworthy and reliable. The role is a ‘hands-on’ one and will involve both manual handling and some working at height. There will also be a requirement for some weekend and evening working (payable as extra hours).
• Start Date: by 1 November 2018 (or earlier)
• Closing Date for Applications: 9.00am on 15 October 2018 (early applications will be considered)
Vyners School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To apply for this position and for more information, please see attached documents and visit the vacancies page of our website. Applications can be made via TES route or can be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. (Frances Webb - HR / Office Manager Tel 01895 234342).