Senior ICT Technician – Full time
Competitive salary according to experience
36 hours per week/52 weeks per year
Are you passionate about technology? Want to make a difference supporting technology in education? We have an exciting opportunity to join our technical support team and are seeking a Senior Technician to support our Network Manager in leading, managing and supporting all technical aspects of ICT. The successful candidate will provide efficient, customer-focused IT support and guidance to staff and students with a keenness to learn and further develop their skills.
Working within a dynamic customer-facing team, you will be the first point of contact for user requests, which include supporting IT and AV systems, end-user support, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and providing professional and technical support to keep our school operating efficiently.
Candidates will need to demonstrate:
• The ability to assess and work flexibly according to the need of the student
• Knowledge and awareness of the issues relevant to working within an educational context
• A commitment of the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• be committed to our ethos of high expectations without excuses or exceptions, with the belief that every child can succeed
• have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
• have an interest in and commitment to working with, supporting the development of, and safeguarding children
and in return we offer candidates:
• support, mentoring and training appropriate to the post
• a forward looking, hardworking and enthusiastic team of staff with the desire and skills to improve outcomes
• the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the school, its students and families
• benefits from our Employee Assistance Programme/Well-being package
Copthall School is led by a decisive leader having just been awarded ‘TES Headteacher of the Year Award 2020 and prides itself on educating 21st century women for successful careers in STEM, human, social and health sciences, performing arts and creative industries. Our outcomes for GCSEs are outstanding with a year on year upward P8 trajectory, placing us in the top 3% nationally for progress. Our thriving Sixth Form, which is in the top 12% of schools for A-Level results, offers both A-Level and Vocational pathways and we boast an excellent success rate in University applications.
Copthall has seen rapid improvements in standards across the school. Following our Ofsted inspection in May 2018, we were awarded ‘Good’ status: “By implementing systems to raise staffs and pupils’ aspirations, leaders have established a culture of high expectations. As a result, the school has secured marked improvements to learning and pupils’ progress”. The full report can be accessed using the following link: www.copthallschool.org.uk/226/ofsted
At Copthall, all staff, whether in teaching or support roles, are highly valued and their contribution to our students is appreciated by the whole school community. The school provides and environment for staff to thrive and develop professionally, whilst enhancing the experience of Copthall Students.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the School’s Virtual tour accessible via: https://360imagephotography.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/Copthall+School/index.htm
Appointment is subject to a clear enhanced DBS check.
Copthall School is committed to promoting equality, challenging discrimination and developing community cohesion. We welcome applications from all sections of the community to include applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. We are committed to promoting safeguarding and the protection of children and vulnerable adults.
How to Apply: Application forms must be completed and are available from the school website: www.copthallschool.org.uk/219/join-us or by phoning the school office on 020 8959 1937. Please note that CVs will not be accepted.
Completed forms should be returned directly to Copthall School at the above address or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Thursday 25th February 2021 (12 noon) – The school reserves the right to commence the interview process at any time prior to the closing date so early application is recommended.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years
Copthall School prides itself on educating 21st century women for successful careers in STEM, human, social and health sciences, performing arts and creative industries. We have approximately 1000 students on role, 120 of which are enrolled in our th...