Senior ICT Technician
Salary: Grade 4 Point 12 to 17 £22,183 to £24,491 per annum pro rota
Hours: 37 hours Monday to Friday
Contract term: Permanent
Start date: As soon as possible
Friesland School is a good school that is on the path to becoming outstanding. Every child really matters at our school and each year we celebrate excellent results and last year was no exception with some outstanding achievements. We recognise that these outcomes are only possible through the commitment, dedication and skills of our highly valued staff.
We are seeking to appoint a Senior ICT Technician at Friesland School to join our newly centralised team. The Senior ICT Technician will be responsible for supporting the ICT Network Managers with software, hardware and network maintenance. You will also be responsible for setting up user accounts as well as providing IT support services to external partners, organisations and feeder schools, among other duties.
The successful applicant will have experience of software and hardware installation and maintenance, fault resolution and managing customer experience. You must have thorough knowledge of internet applications, networks and operating systems. We require someone who is a team player, with strong communication skills and the ability to be self-motivated.
Why join us?
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.25.
- Free car parking.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- The ability to request flexible working.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Monday 18 January 2021 at midday
Interviews will be held on: A date to be confirmed after the closing date
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years