Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936
Position: Secondary Teacher
Classification: Full-Time Contract until the end of Term 4 2020
Potential permanency after the initial contract
Start Date: As soon as practicable
Contact: HR Services (07) 4773 0900
St Teresa's College, Abergowrie is a Catholic secondary boy's boarding college. Located in an ideal rural setting in the heart of the Herbert River Valley, the College is approximately 30 km north west of Ingham and situated on Warrgamay land. The main industries are sugarcane, forestry, and cattle. Abergowrie is close to Wallaman Falls which is the highest single drop waterfall in Australia and the beautiful Broadwater National Park.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff are recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
St Teresa's College has exciting opportunities available for applicants to commence in as soon as practicable. The position will be until the end of Term 4 2020 - Friday 4th December with the potential of renewal or permanency after the initial contract.
We are seeking Teachers across the below subjects:
- Senior Maths (Years 11-12)
Applicants that have experience in Boys' Education, boarding school environments or working in a rural/remote area are highly desirable.
To join in this vibrant school community, you'll need:
- Innovative, proactive approach to student learning
- Experience and/or passion for teaching
- Demonstrated strong and effective communication with students, parents and staff
- QCoT registration or ability obtain
What we offer
In addition to the pure thrill of seeing your students take significant educational leaps, we also offer a range of additional benefits to our teachers, including:
- Competitive Salary Range: $70,080 - $100,936 (pending experience)
- Reasonable relocation assistance
- Salary packaging options via REMSERV
- Modern facilities and equipment
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (if an employee co-contribution is made)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ Paid Parental Leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate Health Insurance
- Induction and Professional Development Opportunities
- Wellbeing programs
Why work with Townsville Education Office
Please see Position Description for further information about teaching in Catholic Education.
How to apply
If you have a relevant teaching qualification or you are currently working towards one, the TCE Recruitment Team are interested to hear from you.
- Attach your current resume including contact details (phone and email) of two professional referees
- Attach a cover letter outlining your suitability for the position
- Graduate teachers are encouraged to include completed practicum reports, mentor/referee statements, unofficial academic transcript for current course of study.
- Employment for graduate teachers will be subject to the successful completion of a relevant teaching qualification and meeting the national professional standards for teachers
Applications for this position will close 4pm Monday 4th May 2020 unless filled prior.
To find out more about the Region visit:
Hinchinbrook Shire Council
Broadwater National Park