Senior Officer: Teaching and Learning - Literacy
Location: Manuka, Canberra
Employment Type: Full-time (first contract term 3 years)
Salary Range: Grade 7 ($142,411 - $153,958 + Superannuation)
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Sunday 26 September 2021
Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn plays an integral role in education both in the ACT and NSW operating 56 Schools and 8 Early Learning Centres.
About the Role
The role is to support the mission of the Catholic Education through the development, coordination, implementation and review of teaching and learning across the Archdiocese. This position has the responsibility for implementation of effective literacy and numeracy teaching and learning across the Archdiocese. It is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of high quality, evidence-based curriculum, pedagogy and assessment to improve outcomes for students K-12.
We are seeking dynamic, professional that is well-organised and highly motivated that supports the system’s learning direction and has experience working within the Catalyst initiative. You will have the ability to develop and promote networks of teachers and foster professional reflection, provide guidance and structure where needed, and focus on strengths and collaboration.
Benefits and Opportunities
- Opportunity to assist in the development of the curriculum to improve outcomes for students
- Attractive remuneration package
- Positive and social work culture
- Sound understanding of and ability to articulate the Church’s mission in Catholic education
- Proven capacity to provide leadership to Archdiocesan schools in developing, implementing and reviewing programs for school-based teaching and learning.
- Understanding of the Science of Learning and Science of Reading and a commitment to evidence based instruction.
- Specialist knowledge, understanding and the successful implementation of core frameworks and policies
- Ability to contribute to and facilitate effective collaboration at CE, Archdiocesan, Sector and Government levels.
- Ability to contribute to reports and develop reports for CE, Archdiocese, CEC, Government sectors and agencies.
- Proven ability in developing, supporting and implementing initiatives that support system priorities
- Capacity to collate, analyse and use data for strategic planning and budgets
- Proven capacity to lead and support educational action research
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and facilitation skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships in team management and across all levels
- Demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to manage change effectively and deliver quality results
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applicants will be required to submit a covering letter outlining briefly the qualifications, skills and experience section in the position description and a current resume.
For further information about the role and Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn please visit the website to review the position description. If you have any questions contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn