(37 hours per week/52 weeks per year)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join a reputable and well established further education organisation.
We are seeking a Senior Procurement Officer with drive and ambition, who will be able to make an immediate impact in ensuring that the College maximises value for money received from its supply chain which currently has a spend in the region of £7.5m.
The role will involve;
- Management of suppliers including analysis of potential suppliers and fitness to supply
- Negotiating and drafting contracts for procurement of goods and services
- Building relationships with management at all levels within the College
- Ensuring that the College is compliant in terms of EU procurement directives and framework agreements
- Monitoring of levels of service, levels received, costs incurred and savings achieved
- Liaison with purchasing groups in extending purchasing power
The successful applicant will be results driven, have previous experience in a similar role and have a track record of reducing costs whilst retaining quality of service within a substantial organisation.
Ideally, candidates should hold a recognised professional qualification such as MCIPS. In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package, including generous annual leave, free parking and outstanding on-site facilities.
To apply for this role, please visit our website at www.chesterfield.ac.uk/jobs.
Shortlisting for this role may take place as applications are received. We therefore reserve the right to close this vacancy once a suitable candidate has been appointed.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: 12 April 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
An offer of employment at Chesterfield College will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure carried out by the Disclosure and Barring Services.
‘Encouraging All Individuals to Develop Their Full Potential Through Education and Training’
- Further Education
- Students of mixed gender, age 16+ years
Chesterfield College is a highly successful and vibrant College based in North Derbyshire with excellent pass rates and high student success levels. Our location is key to our success in attracting students from north and south Derbyshire, Buxt...