Work in schools as a member of a multi-disciplinary Learning Service Support Team to provide a child and adolescent psychological service which supports students and families. Contribute to capacity building of school communities to improve access, participation and achievement of students.
Provide high level advice and undertake professional practice leadership to the Learning Services as identified by the Director Student Support.
• Registration as a Psychologist within Tasmania in accordance with the provisions of the Psychologists Registration Act 2000; or possesses a degree with a fourth year qualification in Psychology which will enable registration following two years of supervised practice as a School Psychologist.
• Qualifications as established by the Tasmanian Industrial Commission in the Teaching Service (Tasmanian Public Sector) Award.
• The Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Act 2013 requires persons undertaking work in a regulated activity to be registered. A regulated activity is a child related service or activity defined in the Registration to Work with Vulnerable People Regulations 2014. This registration must remain current and valid at all times whilst employed in this role and the status of this may be checked at any time during employment.
• Current Registration to Work with Vulnerable People
• A current driver's licence.
• Eligible for membership of the Australian Psychological Society.
Enquiries to Rebecca Strong (04) 0090 2830
All interested applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss specific details of the vacancy with the Contact Person.
For relevant supporting documents, including a statement of duties, please click Apply Now.
Electronic submission of applications via ‘Apply Now’ is preferred.
Applications submitted electronically:
- must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format, each with a size no greater than 10MB
- will be acknowledged immediately by return email
- do not require additional paper copies of the application to be sent through the mail
Applicants should forward/include:
- a completed Application for Employment form
- a statement addressing the selection criteria
- relevant personal details and work history.
All applicants are required to supply a valid email address with their application for the purposes of email communication.
The cost associated with obtaining a Tasmanian Registration to Work with Vulnerable People (Registration Status - Employment) is the responsibility of the individual.
Applications should be made via the Apply Now button and submitted online by 11.30pm AEDT on the advertised closing date.
Should you have any queries regarding applying for this vacancy online, please contact Department of Education HR Recruitment and Employment phone +61 3 6165 6285.
Department of Education Tasmania