Agency: Department of Education
Work unit: Katherine High School
Job title: Senior Teacher – Mathematics Science
Designation: Senior Teacher 1
Job type: Full Time
Duration: Fixed from 01/02/2021 to 27/01/2023
Position number: 7232 RTF: 204849
Contact: Karen Walsh, Assistant Principal 08 8983 7300 or email@example.com
About the agency: www.education.nt.gov.au
Apply online: https://jobs.nt.gov.au/Home/JobDetails?rtfId=204849
Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume.
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce that represents the community. The NTPS encourages people from all diversity groups to apply for vacancies. For more information about applying for this position and the merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
The Senior Teacher is the educational leader and manager of the Mathematics and Science Faculty. They plan, develop and oversee the implementation of an innovative and engaging educational program that caters for a diverse range of students within the Faculty and will take an active role in student management and staff support for the Maths and Science Faculty.
Katherine High School is the only government secondary school in Katherine, catering for students from Year 7 to 12. The school caters to a diverse student population from a range of social, educational and cultural backgrounds. Katherine High School takes great pride in its inclusive practices and works hard to live up to our core values: Inclusion, Respect, Effort and Resilience.
Key duties and responsibilities:
1. Undertake teaching responsibilities in accordance with school and other relevant policies.
2. Ensure delivery of appropriate curriculum and adherence to assessment, including regular clarifying and confirming sessions, to ensure that student progress is prioritised, recording and reporting procedures in accordance with school and other relevant policies.
3. Ensure effective student management procedures in accordance with school and other relevant policies.
4. Allocate students, staff and resources to optimise student learning outcomes.
5. Coordinate effective information flow between staff, school management and other relevant bodies.
6. Manage budgeting and the maintenance and security of resources in accordance with school policy and procedures.
1. Registration with the Teacher Registration Board of the Northern Territory and Current Working with Children Clearance Notice.
2. Demonstrated effective teaching, clarifying and confirming and reporting experience in a in a secondary school Mathematics and Science Faculty.
3. Demonstrated ability to provide a differentiated curriculum and assessment processes across Years 7-12
4. Proven ability to lead and manage effective teams through high-level interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
5. Proven ability to work effectively with teachers, school administration and relevant bodies to lead, implement and achieve school goals as outlined in the School’s Operational and Strategic Plans.
6. An ability to interact effectively with people of diverse cultures.
Approved: December 2020 Sharon Oldfield, Principal
Department of Education, Northern Territory Government