We are looking to recruit a Senior Teaching Assistant, ideally with a background in Sport, to work within the Federation. You will work in close partnership with our teachers to help ensure that all students make outstanding progress, especially those with more complex needs. When required, you will cover teacher absences and deliver work to a whole group. This is therefore an ideal role for a mature confident person or for someone who wishes to pursue a future career in teaching.
We have outstanding facilities throughout the Federation, with purpose-built laboratories offering excellent teaching resources and access to numerous iPads, laptops and computers. The College is able to offer a truly outstanding technology-led learning environment.
Catmose College is part of the Rutland and District Schools’ Federation which consists of Catmose College, Catmose Primary and Harington School. This provides wider opportunities for staff and gives a broader experience of working across the different organisations. For successful candidates there are exceptional opportunities for further professional development and promotion right across the Federation.
The successful candidate will be joining a strong and supportive team of Teaching Assistants who take pride in achieving the best outcomes for all students.
Staff are able to enjoy many additional benefits that come as part of working within the Federation. These include, amongst others:
- Staff at top of scale may receive up to a 2% pay award annually;
- Vast range of staff training including a funded Masters scheme;
- Outstanding facilities;
- Priority admission for children of staff to the College and Catmose Primary.
- A broad range of opportunities to engage in extra-curricular trips and activities.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and welcome applications from candidates looking for a variety of flexible working arrangements including, but not limited to; part time working and a job share.
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all students in our care and expects all staff to share this commitment. All staff are responsible for ensuring that safeguarding and health and safety policies are implemented in line with Federation policy and current legislation. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
HOW TO APPLY
Application forms and information are available online at www.rutlandfederation.com
or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Federation policies can be found at www.rutlandfederation.com/policies/
- You should write a letter of application on no more than 2 sides of A4.
- You should complete all sections of the application form.
- On the form clearly state the names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of two professional referees. It is our usual practice to request references before shortlisting and always ask for references before interviews.
- It is a condition of employment that you have a successful DBS check made and can provide proof of identity and qualifications gained.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive for positions, your application is unlikely to be considered if you do not follow these requirements. CVs are not accepted.
The closing date is 12 noon on Thursday 25 April 2019.
You should send your application to: Stuart Williams, Executive Principal, Catmose College, Huntsmans Drive, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6RP. Applications can also be emailed to email@example.com.