School: Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust Schools
Location: Nottingham/ Nottinghamshire
Contract Type: Permanent
Contract Term: 37 hours per week, all year round
Band: OLOL Band 4, NJC Scale Points 11 - 17
Salary: Actual Salary Band £ 21,748 to £24,491
Start date: to be confirmed
Closing date: 9.00am, Wednesday 22 September 2021
The Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust Central Team are seeking to appoint two Senior Grounds Maintenance Officers to supervise day-to-day grounds maintenance operations to deliver outstanding services to our schools.
You will work with the Director of Estates and Facilities reporting through the Trust Maintenance Manager to always ensure 100% business and operational continuity, supervising one Grounds Officer and one Trust Grounds Apprentice, providing suitable training, as required.
You will maintain appropriate procurement records, timesheets, and other work records to ensure that accurate and timely information is passed to the Finance and Personnel teams for processing.
You will ensure that all sites and grounds are maintained and presented in a professional manner by delivering a rolling programme of grass cutting, tree work (felling and processing trees up to 380mm), felling small trees up to 380mm inc. takedown of hung-up trees using hand tools, felling medium trees (380 – 760mm diameter), cutting of hedges, planting, pruning, bed maintenance, weed control, strimming, pest control. You will operate and maintain grounds plant including tractors, mowers, brush cutters & trimmers, chainsaws and crosscutters, handheld pesticide applicators and rotary atomisers), woodchippers, stump grinders etc.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a minimum of 2 years experience in Horticulture and grounds maintenance and hold a recognised qualification.
• Be enthusiastic, energetic, and well-motivated and be able to use own initiative to provide a first-class service to our schools with excellent attention to detail.
• Have suitable, relevant experience in grounds maintenance works across multiple sites
• Have a good working knowledge of Health & safety related to landscaping activities, ensuring all works are carried out safely.
• Ensure that all works, and projects are carried out within timescales as agreed with the Trust Maintenance Manager.
• Be a positive influence on the climate and culture of the Trust, support the Catholic Ethos and be a positive example at all times.
• Have experience of maintaining sand and crumb-based artificial surfaces (2G,3G,4G).
• Hold a full UK driver’s licence with suitable trailer towing category.
• Hold PA1 / PA6a Pesticides Certificate.
• Have experience in the use of ride-on and pedestrian grass cutting machinery along with other regularly used grounds maintenance equipment such as hedge cutters, strimmers and blowers.
• Have knowledge of machinery repair is a distinct advantage.
• Possess excellent IT skills.
• Familiarity with the Wildlife and Countryside Act 2002.
We can offer:
• A 37 hour working week Monday-Friday
• Local work (Nottinghamshire) with occasional weekend work where required.
• First-class grounds maintenance equipment and plant.
• All PPE and workwear.
• 25 days holiday per year plus Bank holidays.
• Laptop and mobile telephone.
• Excellent ongoing training and professional support in your career development.
• Friendly, supportive, local team.
• Professional development into parallel roles including building maintenance and development and opportunities to work towards a management qualification in Land-based Services.
For an informal discussion about the role and our schools please contact Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust directly. Director of Estates, Dave Burrough, email@example.com
You will receive an automated response from our vacancies inbox to confirm your application has been received. Please contact HR on 0115 851 5454 if you do not receive this automated response.
The Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants.
Our Trust strives to be a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community where every staff member has a sense of belonging. We are committed to cultivating an equitable working environment where staff treat one another with dignity and respect and where every individual can fulfil their potential. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs. This includes those of all faiths, the Catholic faith and those without a faith who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos. This diversity is fundamental to our values and enriches the lives of the students within our schools.
We are a Disability Confident Committed employer and welcome applications from people with a disability or long-term health condition.
Closing date: Wednesday 22 September 2021 (9.00 am)
About Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s CPD Hub.
Why work for the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust?
• Access to first class CPD opportunities. We have a specialised CPD Hub to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD for all our staff. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
• Genuine opportunities for career progression - with 21 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
• Professional assistance - you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent, and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
• Cycle to Work Scheme – you will save money as well as improve your mental health and wellbeing and reduce your Carbon Footprint.
• Pension - automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
• Terms and Conditions - we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
Follow us on Twitter: @OLOLCatholicMAT
Connect with us on LinkedIn
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust
- English secondary schools