Senior Tutor – Maternity Cover
Job type- Full time FTC (Maternity Cover for 12 months)
Hours- 35 hours per week (+ 5 hours paid lunch)
At Nacro we educate, nurture and transform lives, would you like to join an outstanding team of professionals who make a positive impact on society. We achieve this by offering a range of vocational and academic learning routes to create independent, socially inclusive and economically active citizens to lead meaningful and prosperous lives.
Who we are looking for?
We are in search of a Senior Tutor who will be responsible for the day to day running of the Bolton Education Centre, line managing Tutors to ensure learners achieve the appropriate vocational and Functional Skills qualifications (Entry level Functional Skills and GCSE) while developing the learners’ employability, personal and social skills in order for them progress positively from their time with Nacro.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Being a central point of contact in centre for all internal and external communications
• Overseeing delivery of training and support to 16-19 year olds on Nacro’s Study programme
• Complete walkthroughs and monitor and track student’s progress.
• Carry out initial assessments of the service users
• Line management of staff
• Ensure safeguarding procedures are followed
The successful candidate will:
· Have extensive experience in teaching and hold a PGCE/Cert Ed
· An understanding of the current Inspection Framework and Ofsted criteria.
· Experience of managing a staff team.
If you enjoy a challenge and seek the rewards found in transforming the lives of disadvantaged young people and adults then we want to hear from you.
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role.
For details of Nacro’s excellent benefits including 28 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) please click here
Please apply online