Reports to: Principal
Start date: September 2021
Contract: Permanent, full-time
Salary: Ark Leadership 20 – 24, £74,410 (potential flexibility for more experienced candidates)
Location: Brixton, London
Nearest Tube station: Brixton (Victoria Tube)
Deadline: Monday 12th April 2021, 9am
Interviews: Wednesday 14th April 2021 (online virtual) and Friday 23rd April 2021
Please note that the deadline and first round online interview are in the last week of Easter, this is so that we can limit in-school time needed for assessment and ensure a rapid response to applications.
This is a crucial role in the development of Ark Evelyn Grace Academy. The Senior Vice Principal will be focused on teaching and learning, building and improving the structures necessary for ensuring the continuous improvement of outcomes within the academy. This is also a unique development opportunity for the right person, as a senior leader within an Ark School there is access to personal development and to learn many of Ark’s unique approaches to teaching and learning. The appointed candidate will also have a shared responsibility for the overall leadership and management of the academy in our collective pursuit of the highest possible standards.
The successful candidate will:
- be an outstanding teacher with a proven track record of securing excellent outcomes
- have up-to-date knowledge of subject curricula and assessment requirements
- have experience of successfully leading a school as part of an SLT
- have experience of delivering effective training to individuals and groups of staff
- have experience of helping coordinate the vision and strategy for a large school
- have experience of managing effective external relationships with community and other stakeholders
- have experience of working in partnership with their principal and the rest of the senior leadership team, ensuring the safeguarding of all pupils, and that the safety and wellbeing of pupils and staff at all times
For further information on this brilliant opportunity as well as the fantastic benefits available, please see the job description and person specification below.
If you would like to have an informal discussion with the Principal about the role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who can arrange a suitable time - or contact email@example.com, Head of Talent Management for a confidential discussion. We look forward to receiving your application.
To read more about Ark, please visit https://arkonline.org/about-us/what-we-do
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process which will include questions about safeguarding.
This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service
Ark Evelyn Grace Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Evelyn Grace Academy opened in September 2008 for 180 year 7 students, and specialises in mathematics and sports.
The academy’s passionate staff work extremely hard to help Evelyn Grace students to become leaders of tomorrow in every walk of l...