Bradfield College are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic VR Developer to play a key role developing the Bradfield College Virtual Reality Learning Platform. It is a very exciting opportunity to make a name for yourself, creating something really special and beneficial within the independent education sector (and beyond).
Our VR Learning Environment will be split up into modules (virtual landscapes) and will offer some familiar environments for students and teachers to work in. You will develop the Virtual Reality Learning Platform, evolving educational/learning tools and assets within an immersive multi-user environment.
You will be working alongside a select group of senior users, enhancing and evolving prototypes through iterative cycles, eventually forming core modules/platforms. Key responsibilities will include:
- VR Development (fully hands-on)
- Environment design, understanding of photogrammetry and reproduction
- Presenting prototypes and iterations for senior users/testers to test/feedback
- Testing and debugging as necessary
- Providing product support and patching
- Documenting key development stages, maintaining and securing code alongside versions (version control) – assisted by the IT team
- Maintaining awareness of the latest hardware and dev tools
You will need to be a skilled developer, self-motivated, driven and solution oriented, happy to contribute and fine tune ideas to help bring the vision to life. You will have worked and perhaps led VR development projects and/or sub-projects as a senior developer.
If you share our belief that virtual reality has the potential to enhance and transform education, we would be delighted to hear from you.
In return, we offer a variety of benefits, a great work/life balance and you will be supported through training and career development opportunities.
For further details and to apply please click the apply button.
The closing date for applications will be 7th Feb 2020.
Child protection screening will apply to this post.