Reporting to the Head of IT Operations the Service Desk Manager is key to the delivery of technical support services to TES Global.
As part of a team with wide a range of responsibilities and skill levels, you will be exposed to a wide range of technologies and processes. The Service Desk Manager will work across 1st line interaction with customers managing service requests and incidents through to 3rd line resolution of complex problems in conjunction with 3rd parties.
The structure of this team is designed to open up opportunities to increase the breadth and depth of options for professional development as well as create an environment where team working is part of the working day as well promoting individual technical expertise.
· Line management responsibilities for a team responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line support to the business
· Drive the helpdesk team and instil a customer service culture that over delivers
· Assist in managing rotas ensuring correct staffing levels for the service desk team
· Manage day to day running of the IT Service Desk, delegating incidents to relevant team members and other team, ensuring incidents are worked efficiently within the agreed timeframe and enduring the service desk phone line is manned at all times
· Be prepared to take on incidents and requests in times of increased work load for the service desk team
· Oversee the prompt completion of breached SLA tickets
· Track problem ticket resolution metrics against SLAs.
· Promote processes that support ITIL methodologies
· Measure and report in service delivery performance metrics including customer satisfaction surveys and trouble ticket open, closed and breached statistics
· Liaise with business units that have IT services demands to understand business drivers
· Be responsible for the JML process within the Service Desk and ensure that all requests are completed prior to new joiners joining the business.
· Review all customer complaints, rectify issues and liaise with appropriate departments to provide effective solutions
· Observe service desk operation techniques to determine how effective they are and implement new techniques when old ones are ineffective
· Manage the procurement of all hardware and software required by the business
· Manage the hardware loan procedure
· Manage communications to the business in times of service disruption
· Identify issues and make recommendations that will improve our procedures and collaboration with other teams
· Develops and maintains knowledge of customer and customer specific business environment.
· Performs follow up on incidents with users to ensure customer satisfaction
· Must have a customer service mentality
· Proactive in suggesting new ideas that simplify or accelerate the delivery of technology solutions
· Take responsibility for decisions and the quality of work
· Maintain a positive and proactive attitude
· Foster good working relationships with other technology teams and business units.
· Demonstrable ability to prioritise and multitask
· Must possess strong communication skills both verbal and written.
· Able to demonstrate strong time management skills