Site and Facilities Manager
Grade H Point 15 £24,982
40 hrs per Week 52 weeks a year
Working hours: 09.00-18.00
Deadline: 9am 24th September 2021
Interview: WC 27th September 2021
We are seeking a Site and Facilities Manager to be responsible for the security and maintenance of the whole school site and to ensure the school complies with all current legislation relating to site safety and management. The successful candidate will promote and participate in achieving the most effective and economic use of the school premises, facilities, plant, equipment and materials.
Why Choose us?
Lawn Manor Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust (RWBAT) based in Swindon. We offer a fantastic benefits scheme, with discounts on Food and Clothes retailers, to holidays and cinema, with online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh. Our School is set in the beautiful Lawn Manor Woods in Old Town Swindon.
What we offer?
• The opportunity of working within a supportive, friendly and well- run school.
• strong commitment to your professional development and career management.
• excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Onsite parking.
• Pension Scheme
• Courteous and hardworking pupils.
• Undertake emergency and planned maintenance and repairs with capability, respond effectively and maintain a log of such works. To also undertake adhoc repairs, decoration and general maintenance tasks as and when required.
• Maintain all equipment, tools and plant in a safe and good condition.
• Assist with the maintenance of the school buildings and grounds to a high standard.
• Maintain computerised and paper checks of all regular checks undertaken.
• Identify, monitor and carry out minor repairs, maintenance and redecoration.
• Have full knowledge of Health and Safety and hygiene procedures and precautions.
The successful candidate will have:
• Vocational Qualification in building/maintenance
• Previous experience in a maintenance, building or ground-works role (Maintenance)
• Variety of general maintenance skills and willingness to undergo further training.
• Ability to be on call for out-of-hours emergencies and security duties.
• Basic computer skills.
• Full clean driving licence
• Willingness to work flexible hours when required.
• Ability to liaise with visitors, contractors and others in a diplomatic matter.
Lawn Manor Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
Lawn Manor is led by Headteacher Sandra Muir and is the first secondary school to join the newly formed Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust (RWBAT). RWBAT CEO, George Croxford, has built the MAT around the word of ‘Excellence.’ George's v...