Salary: Grade 4 Points 12 to 17 £22,183 to £24,491 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week, year round
Contract term: Permanent
Friesland School is a good school that is on the path to becoming outstanding. Every child really matters at our school and each year we celebrate excellent results and last year was no exception with some outstanding achievements. We recognise that these outcomes are only possible through the commitment, dedication and skills of our highly valued staff.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced, hands-on manager to oversee our site and premises team. The role is varied, but ultimately we want you to oversee and develop the site so that we can realise its potential for our students and staff. The work involves carrying out the day-to-day duties of running the site as well as managing lettings, grounds & general maintenance, minor repairs, minibuses and managing premises staff.
Our ideal candidate is able to offer successful experience of managing a site including leading a team as well as solid understanding of building regulations and Health & Safety. Experience of working in a school is not essential, however sound computer skills and a practical, hands-on approach to work are. A trade background is desirable. It can be hectic at times, so you’ll need to be able to work calmly and be well organised to get the job done.
Why join us:
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. The Trust has a forward thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for our staff. We make a significant investment in all of our employees to ensure we can recruit and retain the most talented people.
- Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.25.
- Free car parking.
- An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
- The ability to request flexible working.
- Entry to a career average pension scheme.
- A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
- Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
- A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
- Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Wednesday 14th April 2021
Interviews will be held on: Wednesday 21st April 2021
We are committed to the safeguarding of all children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS disclosure, receipt of references and successful completion of vetting procedures.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates who meet the minimum job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years