Number of staff managed: x2 Assistant Site Managers
Role context and purpose:
- The Site Manager is responsible for ensuring the site is legally compliant, well maintained, safe and fit for purpose at all times.
- The Site Manager is responsible for site security, repairs and maintenance, cleaning and development of the site, including the safe, compliant and efficient operation of any CCTV, Fire and Burglar Alarms, Building Management Systems and plant room equipment.
- Responsible for leading and developing the Site team to deliver the annual targets and is responsible for ensuring best value on all premises activities and for ensuring the premises budget is not exceeded.
Support for staff and students
- Establish quality standards within the team to ensure that the Academy is presented to the community as a warm and caring environment, committed to high standards
- Take responsibility for the correct functioning of the processes and systems required to sustain a high quality learning environment for all students and adults who use the facilities
- Manage a team of Premises Assistants, ensuring their efficient operation in carrying out planned maintenance and their ability to respond to requests for non-planned repairs
- Utilise the skills of the team to support student learning and Academy events, as appropriate
- Liaise with all visitors to the site who are concerned with buildings, grounds, energy and maintenance, to ensure that they have the appropriate access and operate in a safe and compliant manner
- Implement and update where necessary the Academy’s Health and Safety policy
- Be responsible for the security of the premises and regular review of measures required
- Maintain positive relationships with students, staff, visitor, contractors and members of the local community
Efficiency and Effectiveness
- Take responsibility for the day to day management of the estate and building facilities
- Operate a rotating shift pattern within the team to ensure that the needs of the Academy can be met in an efficient and effective manner, including the routine and non-routine opening of premises and grounds
- Manage energy consumption to ensure the efficient use of gas, electricity and water.
- Recommend energy saving measures as appropriate and carry out frost precaution procedures
- Be responsible for managing the site, monitoring any site contracts to ensure that agreed standards are met
- Plan the maintenance of buildings to ensure they remain at maximum operational capacity
- Make arrangements for routine procedures or inspections on all ancillary equipment
- Develop budgets for areas controlled. Monitor to ensure operation within the agreed budget levels and be accountable for expenditure
- Carry out such liaison work with community users of the Academy site as directed by Principal, Business Manager, or other members of SLT
Security and Supervision
- Act as keyholder, carrying out security procedures for the buildings and grounds.
- Respond to calls outside normal working hours as a result of break-ins et al and/or the setting off of the burglar alarm(s). Liaise with senior staff as agreed within Academy policy
- Make best endeavours to prevent unauthorised access onto Academy premises or grounds
- Carry out Academy policy and procedures in the event of fire, flood, breaking and entering, accident or major damage
- Provide access, where possible, to the premises and classrooms in the event of snow or minor flooding or similar emergency situations and communicate with SLT accordingly.
Caretaking and Maintenance
- Arrange for the team (including the postholder) to carry out first line repairs and maintenance which are not beyond the competence of the staff concerned.
- Draw up, or assist in the drafting of specifications for work to be undertaken by contractors.
- Ensure that all areas within the confines of the site are free from litter and graffiti and that all drains and gullies are free flowing and clean
- Ensure that all caretaking equipment is in a safe and working condition and that all necessary Risk Assessments are undertaken and reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Undertake or arrange for the testing of portable electrical equipment.
- Maintain an Asset Register of inventory in respect of defined equipment, as agreed with the Business Manager and carry out annual checks of all equipment against the Inventory, as legislation changes over time.
Support to School (this list is not exhaustive and should reflect the ethos of the school)
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of children and young persons you are responsible for or come into contact with.
- Assist with policies and procedures relating to health, safety and security, Risk, COSSH and others as may arise through the HSE, that are relevant to the School Environment.
- Ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop by maximising learning space uptime.
- Liaise effectively with teachers/parents/guardians, welfare officers, health visitors and other professional staff as part of the routine consultative process.
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims and distinctive Christian ethos of the school.
- Attend relevant meetings as required including any late evening or weekend events within the school calendar.
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as require.
This job description will be reviewed regularly and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a complete statement of duties but sets out the main expectations of the post.
All staff are entitled to high-quality induction and continuing support and development. All staff will have opportunities to discuss their professional needs, both through performance management and through other professional dialogues.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake an
Enhanced DBS check and/or a Barred List check. Management posts will be subject to a Section 128 clearance.
The Trust is committed to equality of opportunity. We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community.
St Augustine Academy