We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, energetic, flexible and reliable Site Officer to start as soon as possible. This is a full time position, working 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year (less annual holiday entitlement).
You will join a friendly and supportive school and be part of a small team, providing support across the site, working on a split shift pattern. Main duties will include locking/unlocking the site, porterage duties, health and safety and general maintenance and repairs. As a key holder, you will respond to out-of-hours call outs and, on occasion, be required to open/close the premises following out of school hours events.
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of at least one trade (such as heating, building or electrical works). Previous experience of working in a school setting would be an advantage.
Sawtry Village Academy is part of the successful and expanding Cambridge Meridian Academies Trust, a group of primary and secondary schools. Sawtry is a fast-growing village with excellent transport links to the North and South via the A1/A14.
Sawtry Village Academy was inspected by Ofsted (January 2018) which graded the Academy GOOD across all measurable categories with an OUTSTANDING Post-16 provision. We have recently completed Stage 1 of a building programme for refurbishment which has seen the opening of a newly constructed £3 million classroom block. The next stage of refurbishment will see the Design Technology department completely renovated.
We are looking for:
• An experienced professional who is able to work productively so the school operates effectively.
• Someone who has excellent communication skills.
• Someone with a good knowledge of Health and Safety.
• Someone who has a real interest in working within a school.
• A team player with a good sense of humour and passion for the job.
What we can offer you:
• We have a motivated team of staff who are committed in their desire to create the very best provision for our students.
• As part of the CMAT family of academies, we have the opportunity to collaborate and learn from each other.
• We are committed to professional development for our staff and value staff well-being.
• Opportunities to progress within our Trust
For further information, or to arrange a socially distanced visit, please contact Amanda Jarvis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The closing date for applications is Thursday 16th September 2021.
Interviews will be held the following week.
The school reserve the right to close vacancies prior to their advertised dated. Applications will be considered upon receipt.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.
Sawtry Village Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Sawtry Village Academy is a mixed, non-selective, non-denominational secondary school with sixth form in Cambridgeshire, serving students from the age of 11-18. The school, situated in Sawtry, Huntingdon, has approximately 850 students on record.