LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANTS (Secondary Phase - Sixth Form)
Full Time, Term Time Only (8.30am-3.30pm)
St Mary Magdalene C of E School is the only all through school in the Royal Borough of Greenwich. We are looking to recruit a Sixth Form LSA to join our team.
This is a superb opportunity for committed Learning Support Assistant to work offering classroom support with Sixth Form students with special educational needs & disabilities (SEND).
All applicants must have Learning Support/Teaching Assistant experience and, preferably, experience of working with secondary-aged students with SEND (this experience may have been gained within a mainstream education, in a specialist provision or maybe outside of education).
We offer successful applicants the opportunity to work as part of a friendly and multi-disciplinary team.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
- Have experience of working as a Learning Support/Teaching Assistant, preferably at Secondary level.
- Have experience of working with children who have SEND.
- Have NVQ Level 2 qualification (desirable)
- Have knowledge of ASD (desirable)
- Are able to prepare and teach effective interventions taking into account the individual needs of learner
- Have a professional manner
- Are enthusiastic and have a friendly approach
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
About the school: St. Mary Magdalene is a popular and successful outstanding all through school with two school sites; our primary site in Woolwich and our all through site on the Greenwich Peninsula. St Mary Magdalene leads a federation with another primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church.
Please note that there are no parking facilities at the school, but we are lucky to be served by a number of transport links (North Greenwich - Jubilee Line - is a short walk away and the following bus routes stop within a very short walk of the school 108, 129, 132, 161, 188, 335, 422, 472, 486)
We can offer:
• a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
• a positive school culture
• a commitment to continuing professional development
• energetic and enthusiastic high attaining pupils
• a supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
As this role will involve contact with children we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to take part in an observation and interview process. We reserve the right to close this advert early if we receive a high number of applications.
For further information, please contact Emma Clark by email email@example.com
St Mary Magdalene C of E School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
St Mary Magdalene C of E School is a co-educational, all-through school based in Greenwich, south-east London. The school has both primary and secondary phases. The secondary phase has approximately 560 students aged 11-18 and 80 staff.