Kingsmead School is seeking to appoint a focused and enthusiastic Sociology teacher to join a hugely successful team in teaching one of the most popular subjects at A Level. The Sociology results are regularly in the top 10% nationally for progress and the leadership of the team is inspirational. Depending on the candidate, there will also likely be an opportunity for some lower school teaching of Humanities subjects such as Citizenship GCSE and/or Religious Education.
Kingsmead is a larger than average secondary school with a wonderfully diverse population. We are habitually in the top 20% for progress nationally at both GCSE and A Level. We do this with an ambitious curriculum that values the Sciences, Humanities and Arts in equal measure. We work very hard, but we also do this with the aim of making sure that what we do as teachers is about the impact of the hours we teach mark and plan, rather than the quantity.
If you choose to join us we can offer you:
- Students and colleagues who are enthusiastic about learning.
- Experience of a large, complex and long-term successful urban secondary school.
- A collaborative environment focused on improving everyone in the team.
- Supportive behaviour and performance management systems.
- A school that aims to do things the right way, not just the easy way.
We ask in return:
- That you are committed to the very best outcomes for all students.
- That you are aiming to be the best teacher you can possibly be.
Please read our person specification and the explanation of how our school values affect the way we run the school.
Kingsmead is committed to a culture of safeguarding, so applicants should expect to be submitted for an Enhanced DBS check and other background checks.
Deadline for Applications: Wednesday 21st March 2018
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 26th March 2018
Interested applicants please click on the Apply button to submit an application form. All applications to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kingsmead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo the necessary Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks. We are an equal opportunity employer.
‘Practise to Perfect’
Academy with Performing & Visual Arts Specialism