We are a busy, selective girls’ state secondary school based in SW London with an opportunity for a Spanish Language Assistant to join the Modern Languages department in October.
Under the direction of the Head of Spanish, the language assistant:
- works on their own with small groups of A Level students to help them develop their speaking skills through oral exam practice and general conversation focused around the A Level topics;
- works with classroom teachers to help prepare GCSE students for their speaking exam;
- creates teaching resources to support their work and that of the Spanish department;
- provides extra support to GCSE and A Level students when required;
- contributes to extra-curricular activities (e.g. lunchtime clubs) within the department;
- supports the department in a variety of tasks when required (e.g. administration, marking).
The successful candidate will ideally have an interest in or experience of working in an education environment, and possess excellent interpersonal skills, together with a positive, professional manner.
The Tiffin Girls’ School is ideally situated just fifteen minutes’ walk from Kingston upon Thames town centre and mainline station (Zone 6). For further details about our school and the role, please visit www.tiffingirls.org
Please apply using the downloadable application form which is also available on our website, or contact the school office.
Closing date: 9am on Tuesday 23 April 2019
The Tiffin Girls’ School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share and support this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to both a full employment history and child protection check, and will also be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (criminal record) check.