As a member of the Teaching Team, to contribute to the establishment and implementation of Heron Hall Academy’s curriculum to ensure that pupils achieve to their full potential.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To teach Spanish to specific classes.
• To teach other subjects to specific classes, as required.
• As a member of the Teaching Team, work towards developing and successfully implementing Heron Hall Academy’s curriculum.
• Plan and deliver high quality lessons, linked to assessments of pupils’ prior learning, which use a range of learning activities to inspire and engage all pupils.
• To create a positive, well ordered climate for learning using effective classroom techniques and behaviour management strategies.
• Make appropriate use of ICT/new technologies to maximise learning.
• Ensure that pupils develop high-level skills in oracy, literacy, numeracy and ICT.
• Use effective marking and assessment practice to provide positive feedback to pupils.
• Ensure that pupil progress towards individual learning targets is regularly monitored.
• Report pupil progress in line with the school monitoring and evaluation framework.
• Monitor and analyse the impact of learning and progress of pupils.
• Identify underperforming pupils and groups of pupils.
• Implement effective and timely learning interventions in respect of underperforming pupils.
• Adapt teaching to respond to the strengths and needs of all pupils.
• Liaise with parents/carers to encourage and promote involvement in their child’s education.
• Fully participate in the Academy’s quality assurance (QA) and performance management processes.
• Promote the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of all pupils.
Heron Hall Academy
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years
About Heron Hall Academy
Heron Hall Academy is a co-educational, non-denominational academy free school in Enfield, North London. The academy currently has 530 students on roll and will grow year on year with a full capacity of 1700. This is the four...