Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced and enthusiastic special education needs / ASD teacher to work with high functioning KS2 students in Sutton. Starting in September, this is a long-term role with a view to go permanent for the right candidate. Located in an attractive rural location, this school has excellent facilities including modern, well-resourced classrooms. The school is part of a larger trust, which specialises in support for students on the autistic spectrum and has excellent support and understanding for all of its students and staff.
About the Role:
· Full time special education needs / ASD teacher
· Teaching KS2 students with ASD
· September 2018 start
· Long term role until the end of the academic year
· Teaching students aged 8 to 11 on a one to one basis and/or small groups
· Tailoring / creating work schemes alongside current class teachers to accommodate individual needs
About the School:
· Specialist school - brand new site
· Small class sizes
· Operates its own generous pay structure
· Supportive, consistent senior leadership team
· Strong links to other local and national schools
In order to be considered for this role, you will need to meet the following criteria:
· Hold a Bachelor of Education / PGCE / equivalent overseas qualifications
· Have previous experience working in a UK-based setting, ideally with children who have ASD
· Ability to teach across the KS2 curriculum
· Be eligible to work in the UK
· Possess recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Ongoing CPD workshops including Phonics, EAL, Behaviour Management, Child Safeguarding, and SEND
· Competitive pay rates that are negotiable based on experience
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number IXH172234.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £250 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.