Aldar Education is currently seeking high-performing SEN Teachers for the August 2021 start. The current vacancy is based in ADNOC School, Sas Al Nakhl, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
ADNOC Schools are Massachusetts State Curriculum schools in superb facilities in Abu Dhabi City and the Western Region of Abu Dhabi Emirate.
The Massachusetts Curriculum is one of the most highly regarded and successful curricula in the United States, with close links to prestigious higher education institutions such as Harvard University and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Graduates of ADNOC Schools receive the American High School Diploma - the standard entry qualification for US colleges and universities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
• To plan and deliver lessons/ interventions and specific programs for individual children/groups of children as directed by the SENCO.
• To monitor and track student progress against set targets / IEPs, ensuring progress is maximized for all children.
• To contribute to the SEN Department Improvement plan to move the school forward.
• To attend SGG as required regarding aspects pertinent to the role.
• To actively promote and contribute to the further development of the SEN Department resulting in departmental targets met.
• To fulfill all school policies regarding a) Attainment and b) Curriculum Design and Innovation ensuring the SEN Department development is in line with the rest of the school.
• Carry out data analysis and chart student progress for students on Waves 1-3 with the SENCO.
• Manage and develop staff/teachers in the department in accordance with the school’s continual professional development strategy.
• Demonstrate outstanding teaching skills which lead to excellent results and outcomes – timetable of work will be agreed with the Principal.
• Demonstrate excellent and innovative pedagogical practice, including the use of educational technology specifically for SEND children’s needs.
• Implement all workplace policies and practices.
• Coach and mentor staff, providing advice and feedback around SEN, including advising and supporting individual class teachers in delivering quality first teaching and specific programs for SEND individuals waves 1-3.
• Review and manage curriculum requirements for SEN students.
• Assess and monitor student progress, implementing impact/intervention plans/ IEPs where necessary.
• Report on the progress of both students and departmental teachers.
• Contribute to pupil discipline.
• Contribute to all aspects of Gifted and Talented across the school.
• Conduct an extra-curricular activity one term out of three - 1 afternoon per week.
• To be an exemplar classroom teacher able to offer support and guidance to staff.
• To cover for absent staff if required.
• To liaise closely with colleagues from other schools and outside agencies.
• To maintain accurate records.
• To plan and deliver a range of programs of work to support individual needs.
• To identify and provide training within and beyond our school to colleagues and families.
• To contribute to the school pastoral committee, including leading events and assemblies.
• To be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Undertake additional duties as required by the Principal or Vice Principal as appropriate.
You must be a fully qualified teacher with:
• Passionate and caring educators
• Bachelor’s in Special Education Needs or a bachelor’s degree in a related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification with a minimum of 2-year teaching experience in the related field.
• Experience of the American curriculum
• A commitment to an extensive enrichment program
• Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
• Respect for all members of your school community
• Experience with students for whom English is an additional language
• A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
• A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services or Police check
A cover letter and CV including details of two referees should be added as supporting documents on the TES website.
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Education is a family of world-class, child-centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 22,000 students across our group of Owned and managed schools and as we grow, so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders.
We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, furnished accommodation, and children's education allowance. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching, and training. Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Education is keen to hear from like-minded, forward-thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all-inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to the high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education and ADNOC Schools are committed to safeguarding children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.
ADNOC Schools Abu Dhabi Campus
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years