|Location||MAYFIELD St Dominic's Centre|
|Vacancy Type||Permanent Full Time|
|Description||Full- time special education teaching position at St Dominic’s Mayfield.
St Dominic’s School is a Catholic primary and secondary school (K-10) in the Dominican tradition, for students who are deaf or hard of hearing, have an autism spectrum diagnosis, and/or intellectual disability. We are seeking an experienced Primary special education Teacher to commence in 2021.
|Position Requirements||The Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults, preventing those in our care from suffering abuse or neglect. The Diocese is committed to being compliant with the National Principles for Child Safe Organisations and the National Catholic Safeguarding Standards. All employees are required to undergo a National Police Check, retain a valid NSW Working with Children Check and ensure compliance with our safeguarding policies, the Diocesan Safeguarding Commitment Statement and the Code’s of Conduct.|
|Essential Criteria||• A preparedness to embrace the ethos and values of St Dominic’s school
• Qualifications in Special Education and/or extensive teaching experience in a specialised setting.
• Experience in personalised planning for students with disabilities
• Ability to develop and deliver quality programs and differentiate the curriculum to meet the needs of a diverse range of learners.
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills
• demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively within a team environment and with the wider school community, inclusive of parents / carers.
• Willingness to contribute to student learning initiatives beyond the classroom.
• Working knowledge of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) and the Disability Standards for Education (DSE) legislation and its implications for schools.
The applicant must provide evidence of the following:
• Qualifications as a four year trained teacher;
• Current NESA Accreditation;
• Current Paid Working with Children Check (WWCC)number.
• Anaphylaxis online training
|Conditions of Employment||Salary is in accordance with New South Wales & Australian Capital Territory Catholic Systemic Schools Enterprise Agreement 2017.|
|Applications Close||Friday 15 January, 2021|
|Instructions||Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.|
|Rachel Jones (email@example.com)||4968 1295|
By email (preferred):
|Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info||To apply: Please provide a cover letter (maximum 3 pages) addressing the selection criteria along with your resume. Applicants should nominate at least two (2) referees including, one of whom must be their current principal. If you are applying as a Graduate Teacher, please provide contact details for your most recent Supervising Teacher. If you are not currently working in a school, please provide your previous supervisor/principal. Please ensure you provide out of hours contact details for your referees also, not providing these details can delay the recruitment process. *Please note, not adequately addressing the selection criteria may result in your application not being shortlisted*|
Catholic Schools Office Maitland- Newcastle