We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational Special Educational Needs and disabilities Co-ordinator (SENDCo) to join a committed and successful department. This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or a SENDCo seeking to develop their career in a caring and supportive team with expertise in training and development.
Testbourne Community School, an 11-16 comprehensive school with an extremely able cohort, is an Outstanding School (Ofsted 2010) which provides a forward thinking, outward looking and vibrant learning environment. We pride ourselves on the strength of staff and student relationships and we have a strong community at the heart of our ethos. Our shared philosophy is embodied by our strapline ‘Achievement, Excellence, Integrity.’ Under the leadership of our new Headteacher, we are working together to continually raise expectations, improve our practice and raise standards of students’ achievements in order to secure our outstanding judgement for the future.
In 2018, 78% of our students achieved a grade 4 or higher in both English and Maths. English Language achieved 79% Grade 4 or higher and Literature achieved 82% Grade 4 or higher. In 2018 24% of all grades in English and English Literature awarded were Grades 7 to Grade 9. In Biology, Chemistry and Physics, 56%-80% of students achieved a grade 7 or above. In Combined Science, 24% achieved a grade 7 or above and 81% a grade for or above. In 2018, SEND students made progress in-line with or above the full cohort in most performance measures.
The SENDCo, under the direction of the Headteacher, will:
· Be a qualified SENDCo or committed to undertaking the relevant training within 2 years;
· Determine the strategic development of special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) policy and provision in the school;
· Be responsible for day-to-day operation of the SEND policy and co-ordination of specific provision to support individual students with SEN or a disability;
· Provide professional guidance to colleagues, working closely with staff, parents and other agencies.
The SENDCo will also be expected to fulfil the professional responsibilities of a teacher, as set out in the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document.
In return we:
· offer professional development and expertise to enable staff to achieve excellence;
· provide a highly supportive environment with opportunities to develop as an education practitioner;
· provide a highly professional and collaborative working environment focused on developing a love of learning;
· offer first rate personal career development to assist you in the fulfilment of your ambitions.