St Dunstan’s College is seeking to appoint a full time Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCo).
The successful candidate will:
- Lead, manage, develop and scrutinise SEND and wider learning support across the College.
- Line manage, oversee and support the work of the broader SEND team.
- Maintain up to date excellent knowledge of JCQ regulations around exam access arrangements.
- Work closely with the Examinations Officer to ensure that Exam Access Arrangements are in place for all pupils who qualify for them.
- Be part of College Admissions Panels, as appropriate, in regard to transitions and admissions, and in line with Transitions and Admissions Policy.
- Collaborate positively and in line with policy, with pupils, families, staff across the whole institution, and external agencies, as needed, to fulfil the responsibilities of the role.
- Read and interpret reports from other professionals (i.e. Educational Psychologist, Occupational Therapists) including at the point of admission.
This position is ideal for a dynamic and enthusiastic SENDCo and teacher, whether they are seeking to move into SEND coordination from teaching, or seeking to develop their existing practice as a SENDCo as part of a supportive, modernising, and ambitious team.
The successful candidate will be an excellent teacher, from either a Junior School or Senior School background, as well as demonstrating the skills and experience outlined in the Job Description below. Collaborative approaches, further professional learning opportunities and coaching are readily available, and the successful candidate should be looking to grow as part of this exciting team.
Application closing date: Thursday, 16 January 2020 with interviews being held the week commencing Monday, 20 January 2020.
Early applications are advised as the College reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the application process.
Completed application forms and cover letters must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details and application details, please visit www.stdunstans.org.uk
St Dunstan’s College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS.
St Dunstan’s Educational Foundation Registered Charity Number 312747