Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator required for a 0.6 role covering maternity leave in a South Manchester Primary School.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary, and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
We're looking for a qualified SENCO to assist a Primary School in South Manchester with a maternity cover. The interim specialist will be working incredibly closely with the SLT, who will be working in partnership with our supply specialist to ensure the continuation of support to the school and pupils.
Place of work
This opportunity is at a primary school in the South Manchester area for pupils in Key Stages 1 and 2 who have either been permanently excluded from mainstream school or who are in danger of becoming so, because of social, emotional or mental health difficulties.
As a SENCO you'll need to:
• hold Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or (QTLS)
• be a qualified SENCo
• have taught in the UK within the last 5 years as a minimum
• develop and oversee the implementation of the school's SEN strategy and policy
• carry out assessments of pupils with SEN to identify needs and monitor progress - including observations in the classroom and meeting with teachers and parents
• work with classroom teachers, the school leadership team, parents and relevant external agencies to develop, implement and monitor individual support/learning plans
• provide regular updates on pupil progress through written reports and meetings with parents
• make referrals and liaise with professionals outside of the school - this could include psychologists, health and social care providers, speech and language therapists and occupational therapists
• provide advice, guidance and training to classroom teachers on supporting pupils with SEN
• support teachers to develop schemes of work and learning programmes for pupils with SEN
• support teachers to develop and implement effective teaching and behaviour management approaches in the classroom
• manage and advise on the school budget and resources for SEN provision
• develop and maintain systems for keeping pupil records, ensuring information is accurate and up to date
• analyse school, local and national data and develop appropriate strategies and interventions
• manage SEN teachers, teaching assistants and support staff to improve pupil progress and attainment
• keep up to date with national and local policies related to SEN and cascade information to colleagues.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough online interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Refer a friend or colleague to work for us and you'll both get rewarded - £125 for you and £125 for them.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
In light of government guidelines and COVID-19, there have been a few changes to the way we hold our interviews. We are now conducting video interviews to ensure that we can all stay safe and ensure you don't miss out on any future opportunities to find your perfect role.
Please call the Manchester office on 0161 641 3743 and ask for Gary Thorman should you like more information prior to applying.
Vision for Education Ltd