Special Educational Needs Coordinator (three days per week)
Required from January 2020
MPS/UPS (commensurate with skills and experience) + TLR2b
We are looking for a talented and experienced Special Educational Needs Coordinator for our large and diverse town centre school. You will be an exceptional educator with a proven track record of improving outcomes for pupils with additional needs, working in partnership with the SLT to improve the quality of teaching, learning and curriculum across the school generally.
You will join a strong and supportive staff team within school that is committed to providing the best possible learning opportunities for all.
The successful candidate will:
• Be resilient, passionate, forward thinking and ready to inspire a generation of staff and children
• Be ready to ask difficult questions about accepted wisdom and embrace proven strategies
• Be innovative and creative
• Have a proven and demonstrable track record of achieving excellent outcomes for pupils
• Have a strong grasp of the latest thinking in SEN policy, leadership and practice
• Have substantial experience of managing and organising a large team of support staff, setting performance management targets etc
• Be enthusiastic and dedicated to enabling every child to fulfil their potential
• Have or be working towards the National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordinator
• Be willing to form strong professional relationships with other professionals and parents/carers
In return we can offer you:
• An Ofsted rated Good school
• Strong and proven leadership with a focused strategic direction
• A highly skilled and committed staff with a great team spirit who are dedicated to school improvement
• Friendly, caring, hardworking pupils who love learning and want to achieve
• High quality CPD, excellent support mechanisms and opportunities for personal and professional development
• A well-resourced and stimulating environment
• Established links with our collaboration schools
• An opportunity to shape the education for a generation of children
Application packs are available from and returnable to Julie Morris, PA to the Co-Headteachers, Joseph Locke Primary School, Shaw Street, Barnsley, S70 6JL. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Copies of the application pack documents can also be downloaded from our website at www.josephlockeprimary.com
Informal visits are warmly encouraged during the recruitment process. Please contact Julie Morris on 01226 729910 to make an appointment. Our Co-Headteachers Judith Brock and Gill Dransfield would love to meet you!
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 21st October 2019
Interviews to be held Thursday 24th October 2019
For this post you will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Joseph Locke Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.