We are looking for a motivated and inspiring SENCo to be part of the Senior Leadership Team while our SENCo is on maternity leave (role expected to be until December 16th, 2022). The role will include responsibility for the strategic direction and day-to-day operation of provision for pupils with SEN, including in our sixteen place Speech and Language Resource Base and providing professional guidance in order to secure high quality teaching and the effective use of resources to bring about improved standards of achievement for all pupils. If you have a passion for motivating and nurturing young learners with SEN and have expertise in the field, we would love to hear from you.
You will need to be a strategic leader who:
• Has substantial and sustained proven success in working inclusively with pupils with special educational needs, ideally in a primary setting
• Leads by example and has a track record of raising standards and levels of achievement for pupils with SEN
• Is able to inspire and motivate staff to be part of an outstanding team
• Is an excellent, engaging communicator who will develop strong relationships with children, colleagues, parents and the wider community
• Enthusiastic, creative and respectful children
• A hugely talented & committed staff including knowledgeable teachers and support staff, speech & language therapists & an art therapist
• The opportunity to be the strategic lead for our Speech & Language Resource Base
• Handover period with the SENCo in post
• A vibrant, richly diverse school community
• The chance to work with a supportive family of schools who share the same passion for primary education
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed so you can meet the pupils and staff and see our fantastic facilities. Visit times have been scheduled (see below). If you would like to visit the school, please email email@example.com stating the position that you are interested in applying for and which visit you have chosen to attend. If you would like a conversation with the Headteacher before applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title ‘SENCo’ or phone the school directly.
The application pack is available for download from the school website (www.tidemillacademy.org) or by email from the school email@example.com
Visits: Wednesday 22nd September : 4:45pm and Thursday 23rd September @ 8:30am (45 min duration)
Closing Date & Shortlisting: Monday 27th September, 2021 @ 9:00am
Interviews: Friday 1st October, 2021
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
TIDEMILL – AN EXCEPTIONAL PLACE TO WORK
Tidemill Academy is an outstanding two- form entry primary school situated in next to the busy and diverse Deptford High Street, 6 minutes from London Bridge by train. With a vibrant market, lots of exciting ne...