Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo / SENDCo)
An inspiring opportunity to take your career to the next level and help shape the lives of our most vulnerable young people.
Salary: Up to £46,000 per annum
Location: East London Independent School, E15 4HT
Contract: Permanent, Term time only
The Complete Education Solution (TCES)
TCES is an independent provider of specialist education based in London supporting exceptional neurodiverse children and young people aged 7 to 19 who have special educational needs and disabilities typically associated with autism, social emotional and mental health needs and associated disorders. Most of them will have experienced multiple placement breakdowns and significant trauma, often resulting in behaviour that challenges. On average pupils will have been excluded from other provisions up to three times before reaching us and had significant periods out of education.
TCES pupils learn at one of our four schools or within our Home Learning service; Create Learning and Create Learning Primary support our most complex and vulnerable pupils, with TCES East London and TCES North West London supporting those who are able to access learning within a school environment. When they are ready, we aim for pupils to step down from Create into one of our main schools.
TCES East London Independent School is an Ofsted Good rated day school specialising in the Arts, with all pupils encouraged to find and express their creativity and supported to achieve awards alongside traditional subjects.
The Role - SENCo
We are seeking an experienced and qualified SENCo to lead on the school’s priorities to support each pupil reach their full potential. You will work with our clinical and inclusion teams to develop strategies for individual pupils and across the whole school, making sure appropriate resources are in place to deliver interventions.
Essential requirements to be successful in the role are:
- Be a Qualified Teacher (holding QTS or equivalent).
- Hold the National Award for SEN Coordination with a minimum of 2 years post- qualification SENCo experience in either the Primary or SEND sector.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development in education.
- Experience of managing neurodiverse children with SEND, including ASC and/or SEMH.
- Experience of coaching staff to improve their practice.
In return we offer:
- An opportunity to make a real difference and join a leading provider of specialist education, directly contributing towards positive outcomes for neurodiverse pupils.
- Excellent CPD opportunities with all staff provided an individual Learning & Development Plan to support career development, including education qualifications at all levels (QTS / QTLS / NPQs) and options to take progressive Ofqual registered Level 3 – 5 qualifications in Therapeutic Education.
- Comprehensive induction process, including all pupil-facing staff supported in receiving the Level 3 Award in Therapeutic Education and Group Process.
- Regular half termly staff wellbeing days.
- A range of employee support and wellbeing benefits including our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), counselling and contributions towards medical costs and an exclusive rewards platform.
Closing date 23 September 2021
Please complete the application form and equal opportunities form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCES is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils and expects all staff to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to all relevant checks such as references, medical clearance and a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
East London Independent School
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 7 - 19 years
The Complete Education Solution (TCES) is a group of Ofsted rated Good and Outstanding schools and services for pupils aged 7 to 19 with an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC) and/or Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. We are committed to ...