Smart Teachers is recruiting for a SEN TA / Special Educational Needs TA / Special Educational Needs Support Assistant to join a special school for students with complex needs based close to Hampsted and Kentish Town. This is a long term temporary role starting immediately, and has the potential to be either full or part time. Due to a high level of medical needs within one of the early years classes, a SEN TA / Special Educational Needs TA / Special Educational Needs Support Assistant with a medical background, or experience administering medication, would be an advantage.
About the Role
• SEN TA / Special Educational Needs TA / Special Educational Needs Support Assistant
• Small class size of 7-8 children
• Option to be full time or part time
• Long term temporary role
• Daily rate from £70
About the School
• Special needs school for students with complex needs including, PMLD, SLD, SpLD, Autistic Spectrum and SEMH
• Teaching school
• Stable and established team of staff includes support staff, teachers, a solid Senior Leadership Team and Multi-Agency team
• Primary and secondary aged students
• Rated Outstanding by Ofsted
• State of the art facilities
• Focuses on holistic development
In order to be considered for this role, the SEN TA / Special Educational Needs TA / Special Educational Needs Support Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
• Have recent classroom experience in the UK (minimum 6 weeks essential)
• Previous experience with SEN (SEMH, ASD / ASC, MLD, SLD, PMLD, complex needs) (desirable)
• Be comfortable with personal care and students with medical needs (essential)
• Have excellent communication skills as well as strong literacy and numeracy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DDS1001.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.