Sponne is a successful, over-subscribed community comprehensive school with 1418 students aged 11-18 on roll and specialist status for Science and Music. Outcomes are very high with 78% of students gaining grades 9-4 in English and Mathematics at GCSE and a positive Progress 8 score.
Sponne is the lead school in the Swan Teaching Alliance which provides initial Teacher Training, CPD to partner schools and school to school support throughout Northamptonshire.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced SEN Teacher to cover Maternity Leave in our vibrant and exciting School. The successful candidate will ideally have experience of working with SEN students and being confident in their ability to assess and teach students with a range of difficulties, both individually and in small groups and to carry out assessment for exam access arrangements.
The successful candidate will:
- Have Qualified Teacher Status
- Have good teaching skills
- Be qualified to assess students to help inform what level of provision is required and the nature of support needed (in consultation with the SENco)
- Be prepared to offer support in class to target students when needed
- Be able to demonstrate sensitivity when working in partnership with our vulnerable students, parents, carers and visiting external agencies
- Assist the SENCo in ensuring appropriate differentiation is taking place across the curriculum
- Meet the person specification and will be required to apply for DBS clearance.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Tove Learning Trust is a fast moving and exciting place to work. The trust schools have a shared vision and purpose: to deliver outstanding educational experiences that lead to inspiring outcomes. Each academy has a strong individual identity and tailors their educational provision to serve their local community. Academies within the trust collaborate to share expertise and maximise opportunities and experiences for our students.
The Trustees of Tove Learning Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
How to apply
All documents including the full job description, person specification and application form are available on our website www.sponne.org.uk Please ensure your application form and covering letter includes examples of your experience and how you meet the criteria outlined in the job description and person specification. Further information requests or completed applications should be sent to Lisa Gordon, HR Manager E: email@example.com T: 01327 350284.
Closing date: 12 noon Monday 19th April 2021
Interviews will take place later in the week
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years