Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced and energetic Special Needs Support Assistant to join a non-selective independent school in Wandsworth (SW12). You will providing support to an 11-year-old boy with Cerebral Palsy. This full-time, long-term SEN position will commence in September 2018 and continue through until the end of the academic year on a daily rate starting from £75 per day.
About the Role
· Special Needs Support Assistant / SEN Teaching Assistant
· One-to-one support with 11 year old boy
· Student has Cerebral Palsy and is in a wheelchair
· Personal care will be involved such as assistance with toileting
· Providing support with learning
· Full-time, long-term contract
· Daily rate starting from £75 depending on experience
About the School
· Independent school
· Co-educational school for children aged 4-11
· Small class sizes
· Excellent ISI Report
· Located in Zone 3 and easily accessible by the Northern line and rail links
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Needs Support Assistant / SEN Teaching Assistant will need to meet the following criteria:
· Proven experience supporting in a class that follows the UK curriculum
· Proven experience supporting a student with Special Educational Needs
· Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa/right to work)
· Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
· Free CPD workshops
· Regular social events
· Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number BXB6750
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.