If you are a teaching assistant with experience work working with special needs pupils then we have full and part-time positions available. The schools we work with are looking for committed TA’s to support their pupils who often have complex needs or PMLD.
We only pay PAYE, we don’t work with umbrella companies.
This work has a dual educational and care element. Highly skilled and rewarding, a PMLD Teaching Assistant role will also involve assisting young people with feeding and personal care. Knowledge of how students learn, P-Levels and EYFS training are advantageous, as is Moving and Handling training.
The post holder will be required to assist in delivering an innovative and progressive curriculum. Class sizes are small, between 4-8 students per class and there is a high ratio of staff to pupils to provide plenty of support. Ability levels can vary considerably. You will be working collaboratively with other staff members to ensure the needs of the students are addressed and learning is accessible and inclusive.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum requirements for this position are:
• Have a minimum of 6 weeks relevant experience
• Be comfortable assisting pupils with personal care
• Be passionate about working with students with SEND and life limiting conditions
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE online EduCare training package worth £390, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision For Education, please contact our Manchester team on 0161 641 3743.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.
Vision for Education Ltd