Smart Teachers is recruiting for two Special Needs Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs to join a small Special Needs School in Kensington and Chelsea. The school caters for students between 8 – 19 year olds who have autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties. The Special Needs Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs will need to be comfortable supporting students on a 1:1 basis. Although small, the school offers fantastic opportunities for career progression with a very supportive Senior Leadership Team. The Special Needs Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs should be available to start in February 2019 on an ongoing temporary basis. For the right candidate this temporary contract could lead to a permanent contract.
About the Role
• Special Needs Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs
• February 2019 start
• Temporary contract that could lead to permanent for the right candidate
• To work with students with autism and moderate and/or severe learning difficulties
• Working with pupils aged between 3 and 19 years
• Personal care may be required
• Working with the class teacher and up to three other support staff within the classroom
• Assisting and supporting the children with classroom work, as well as off-site trips
• Daily rate from £70 per day (dependent on experience)
• Onsite training provided where needed
About the School
• Strong and supportive leadership with excellent CPD
• Career progression opportunities
• 11 students on role
• ASD, SLD, MLD and PMLD students
• Fantastic resources and equipment
• Outstanding sensory room with interactive floor projector
• Lots of extra-curricular activities to help stimulate the students’ creative side.
• Purpose built outdoor playground with glass roof and sponge floor enabling year round use
• Open plan school design
In order to be considered for this role, the Special Needs Teaching Assistants / SEN TAs will need to meet the following criteria:
• Relevant experience working in SEN Schools
• Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
• Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS/police checks
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
• Free CPD workshops
• Regular social events
• Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference number DJW21837.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.