Specialist Teacher of SEND
To start: April 2021 (or earlier)
BCS is a rapidly growing co-educational independent school situated on the south coast. The School has extensive facilities, on two sites. BCS provides a nurturing environment where the happiness of the pupils comes first.
The School is looking to appoint a professional and well organised individual to join the Learning Plus Team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to take on an important role at BCS working across both the Prep and Senior Schools.
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated person to join our committed team.
We are looking for a qualified person to undertake appropriate teaching and support for pupils identified as having special educational needs and disabilities.
The successful person will be able to plan and deliver high quality, effective, personalised teaching which will enable pupils to enjoy learning and achieve their full potential.
Teachers at Bournemouth Collegiate School must fully commit to the ethos of the school, as laid out in the Mission Statement and Aims and ‘live’ the values of the school.
Particular Responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring that the Learning Plus provision is an integral part of school life
• Enhancing the Learning and Teaching for pupils and staff
• Being an advocate for pupils, to work alongside staff and to support parents
• Working closely as a member of the Learning Plus team
Key Tasks will include:
• Teaching individual pupils, pairs and groups across the age range, from Year 2 to Year 13.
• Liaising with all academic staff including Teaching Assistants and boarding staff.
• Supporting the Head of Learning Plus and/or Assistant Head of Prep School to liaise with external agencies: Educational Psychologists, Speech & Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Child Psychotherapists, arranging assessments and co-ordinating visits, feedback to staff and dissemination of reports.
• Keeping comprehensive documentation of all communications
• Writing and supporting Individual Education plans (IEPs) /Provision Maps with termly targets for each child.
• Meeting with parents to discuss progress and to respond to or initiate any contact deemed necessary throughout the term, which includes keeping record and informing staff of outcomes.
• Supporting Learning Plus pupils in school examinations.
• Assisting with screening for Reading, Maths, Spelling and Cognitive ability as required.
• Analyse school data in order to identify specific difficulties.
To find out more about the School, please visit our website at www.bournemouthcollegiateschool.co.uk
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 31st January 2021
BCS is an equal opportunities employer, and we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people; we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions in School will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
To comply with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all prospective employees will be required to supply evidence of eligibility to work in the UK.
Bournemouth Collegiate School