Whilst maintaining existing standards of excellence, support the growing development of Holiday Courses & Sports Performance Services for both pupils & external athletes, ensuring a positive experience for both internal stakeholders and external visitors.
To manage all aspects of sports facility operations & compliances in support of school, sports department & enterprise’s key objectives.
To develop a competent, harmonious team through the development of robust systems & training.
Key responsibilities include (non-exhaustive list):
• Meet school & enterprise aims and objectives, ensuring they are disseminated and understood by all.
• Ensure the safe, secure & effective running of the Sports Centre.
• Ensure a positive impression is experienced by customers, staff & school stake holders.
• Manage & review comprehensive systems & procedures, proposing suggestions for improvement where necessary.
• Ensure regeneration of facilities & equipment is planned & monitored. outcomes & efficiency.
• Manage the Sports Centre operational team.
• Ensure personnel understand and are equipped to perform their roles, plan or provide training as required. Promote staff CPD in accordance with CIMSPA guidelines.
• Promote & deliver staff training relative to the role.
• Assist with the management of building contractors with respect to health and safety, access and compliance documentation.
For full responsibilities list, please see attached job description.
Hours of Work / Working Pattern Requirements
The Centre operates throughout the year (i.e. not just in term time) with normal operating hours varying between 05:30 to 23:00 Mon to Sun. Flexible working pattern to include operational weekend, evening and Bank Holiday working as necessary to ensure smooth operations & support performance management. Because of the nature of the business it is not possible to specify the hours of work more precisely. While such hours will not normally exceed 40 per week, flexibility will be required as necessary.
The post will attract a full-time annual salary in the range of £30,963 to £34,257 dependent upon skills, qualifications and experience.
Please note that the closing date is 20 February 2018, however we encourage early applications as we reserve the right to terminate this vacancy early due to high levels of applications.