If you have experience of working in sole charge of groups of children and are looking to start a rewarding career in education, this role will be perfect for you.
The role of a cover supervisor is to take responsibility for lessons when a permanent teacher is absent. The work you will need to deliver will already be set. Your role will be to ensure the set work is completed in a timely manner and to manage the students behaviour in line with the schools policy. You must be flexible, adaptable and enjoy working with young people.
The ideal candidate:
• Confident in Classroom Management
• Experience of working in sole charge of young people at secondary level
• Excellent general subject knowledge and a passion for Education
• Flexibility, resilience and excellent organisational skills
• An ability to be a strong team player
• Open to covering a wide range of subjects
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All staff must hold an enhanced DBS disclosure which must also be registered to the Update Service (or be prepared to allow us to process one for you), need to provide professional or academic references and attend a face to face interview. A prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.
About ABC Teachers:
ABC Teachers are a leading teaching agency offering a fresh approach to education recruitment. We work with teachers, teaching assistants and cover supervisors in both supply and permanent positions.
We are proud to work in partnership with Tes in finding the highest calibre staff for their school.
ABC Teachers are REC Gold Standard Awarded Education Agency. Candidates’ pay rates are competitive and in line with the AWR policy meaning that after a qualifying period, supply teachers can be paid to the comparable scale offered by the school (subject to qualifying criteria).
Please be aware that telephone calls to and/or from ABC Teachers may be recorded for training, safeguarding and compliance purposes.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Degree qualified (preferred but not essential) and recent experience working in sole charge of groups of children (within the last 3 years).
Working with ABC Teachers:
As a valued employee of ABC Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £370
• Uncapped referral bonus scheme (subject to T&C)
We have similar positions to offer on a daily basis. Keep up to date with us on our website, Twitter and Facebook pages for details of all our current jobs and upcoming registration days!
Website : http://www.abc-teachers.co.uk
How to apply
If you are interested in this position, then please contact Steph or Matt on 0121 481 2231 or submit your details.