An exciting opportunity to provide support to our brilliant staff team!
Job Title: Staff Counsellor
Reporting to: Headteacher
Overall Purpose of the Job: To provide group supervision to one team of staff and 1:1 counselling sessions with staff members.
- To offer members of the school team a safe and confidential space within which to discuss personal challenges.
- To provide supervision to a team in dealing with the personal impact that may result from dealing with significantly challenging pupils.
- To offer short term, six session, counselling to members of staff who may be referred for help or equally may refer themselves. Sessions are usually offered fortnightly in person or remotely.
- To keep suitable case records and logs of the counselling in a secure place.
- To contribute to the ongoing review and evaluation of the service offered.
- To connect with personnel from other agencies, including the HR department, with a view to recommending onward referrals and accessing specialist consultants.
- Work sensitively with staff who may present in crisis and initiate appropriate action by involving relevant individuals.
It will be important for a candidate to demonstrate commitment to the School, reflecting the school’s values and ethos.
In addition, you should have:
- Accreditation by the BACP, UKCP, or other equivalent body;
- Previous experience of counselling in an educational setting (highly desirable);
- Excellent knowledge of a range of counselling approaches;
- Experience of working in accordance with the Ethical Framework of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy;
- Effective organisational skills;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
To apply, please visit our dedicated tes link: https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/-1077892
Further information on Forest Bridge School is available via www.forestbridgeschool.org.uk
The closing date for applications is Monday the 27th of September
Interviews will be held on the 5th of October
Safeguarding - The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and receipt of two satisfactory references.
Equal Opportunities – The School is committed to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion. We seek to attract and retain the very best staff, ensuring that our staff body truly reflects the diversity of our students and local community. We are seeking to increase applications from underrepresented groups and, in particular, those from BAME community. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability. All appointments will be made on merit, following a fair and transparent process and will be in line with the Equality Act 2010.
Hours – This is a Part- Time role working 1 day a week (3pm-8pm) during the school term
Salary –depending on experience (hourly rate to be agreed)
Forest Bridge School
- Special needs with state - free school funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 16 years