About Townsville Catholic Education Office
Townsville Catholic Education Office (TCEO) supports 29 schools in our Diocese, from Mt Isa in the west, Proserpine in the south and north to Ingham. We offer primary, secondary and prep-to-year 12, as well as kindergarten and child care. We employ more than 2400 teaching, professional and ancillary staff to fulfil our mission of providing quality educational services through our Catholic school communities.
We are committed to providing a safe learning environment for all students, with a focus on the critical area of student welfare.
TCEO2 - $85,386 - $96,103 per annum plus superannuation
About the role
The Student Protection Officer will provide services in student protection to school based and office based staff. The major emphasis of the role is to provide timely and accurate advice to assist school staff to make decisions in relation to student protection concerns and assist schools to undertake initial and ongoing risk assessments to ensure statutory reporting requirements are met and best possible outcomes are achieved for students. Other accountabilities include:
- Support Principals and school staff with regard to managing and reporting Child Protection matters
- Liaise with TCEO student services team and schools in the management of emotional, environmental and behavioural factors that impact learning
- Deliver training and professional development in child protection compliance requirements and preventative strategies
- Liaise with authorities, statutory bodies and welfare agencies regarding the management and status of child protection cases, as appropriate
- Appropriate Tertiary qualifications in Social Work or significant experience in Child Protection (min 5 years)
- Professional social work experience and understanding of child protection matters.
- Recent practical experience in preparing and delivering appropriate training activities.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and sustain productive working relationships
- Demonstrated skills in analysing and interpreting data, identifying issues and risks, and developing evidence based reports.
How to apply
Please provide your CV and a response addressing the above selection requirements (no more than 2 pages)
Questions about the role can be directed to Katherine Olsen, Student Protection Coordinator on (07) 4773 0900. For more information about Townsville Catholic Education Office visit https://www.tsv.catholic.edu.au/
Applications close Thursday 20th December 2018