Role: Student Support Coordinator
Salary: Grade 4. Actual salary: £18,996 per annum.
Working pattern: 37 hours per week (8.30-4.30 and 4.00 on a Friday), 39 weeks per year
Location: Springwell Community College, Staveley, Chesterfield
Start date: As soon as possible
Springwell Community College is a mixed 11-16 comprehensive aspiring to transform the lives of the young people in our community, supporting them to achieve their full potential and inspiring them to succeed. We pride ourselves on the positive relationships we have between staff, students and parents which results in academic achievement and exceptional personal development.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make your mark in a rewarding area to make a real difference to our students.
Your role will be to coordinate the whole college sanction system and respond to students displaying behaviour that disrupts teaching and learning. The role will provide comprehensive coverage of daily operations involving student behaviour and conduct.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate with high quality interpersonal skills with excellent organisation.
You must be able to forge effective relationships with students, establishing expectations quickly and ensuring these are maintained. As a natural team-worker you will be able to build good working relations with your colleagues, students and their parents. You will also possess both drive and initiative to explore new ways of working and not be afraid to challenge us to do things differently.
Why join us?
Our College is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have some excellent facilities for staff and our students really want to learn and achieve.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales and our minimum hourly rate for support staff is £9.25.
•An array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
The closing date for applications is: Sunday 19th September 2021
Interviews will be held on: A date to be confirmed
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An offer of employment will be subject to the receipt of a satisfactory enhanced level DBS disclosure with a children’s barred list check, two satisfactory references and successful completion of vetting procedures. It is an offence to apply for a role if you are barred from engaging in Regulated Activity relevant to children.
We are committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and candidates with a disability who meet the essential job criteria will be given an opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at interview.
Springwell Community College
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years