Corby Technical School is a free school that opened in September 2012. The school was rated as Outstanding in our Ofsted inspection, and we would be looking to employ a person who shares our aspirations for excellence.
We are seeking to appoint a Student Support Assistant to assist within the inclusion team to start asap. The ideal candidate may already have experience in working in a school environment, but the prime requirement is that they are personable, friendly, adaptable and able to work both within a team and under their own initiative. This will be a busy but demanding position where no two days are the same and therefore we will be looking to recruit someone who is able to quickly evaluate what needs doing and respond accordingly.
The person appointed will demonstrate a good standard of education, and be able to communicate at all levels, with students, staff and parents. This is a term time only contract and normal working hours will be 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
We offer a friendly and welcoming atmosphere where all staff are committed to providing an excellent education for all. We would welcome applications from candidates of all experience levels as training will be available.
The successful candidate will:
• Work closely with colleagues across the School, building effective relationships with all staff and students.
• Have good knowledge of a broad range of additional needs and/or behaviours that students may have/present and strategies for supporting appropriately.
• Sound knowledge of general school procedures in order to contribute to effective running of school day and student experiences and also procedures to support child development.
• Have good communication skills and enjoy working as part of a team.
• Have the ability to deal professionally and sensitively with children, parents and teachers and outside agencies as required.
• Work with the utmost integrity and confidentiality.
For an informal discussion relating to this post or to arrange a visit prior to application, applicants are invited to contact Sarah Young, on 01536 213100 or firstname.lastname@example.org . If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position we would be delighted to hear from you. Full details and an application form are available at: www.corbytechnicalschool.org.
How to apply
Having read the advertisement, examined the job description and person specification, if you are inspired and motivated to apply for a position at Corby Technical School these are your next steps:
• Please complete all sections of the application form. Please note that a CV will not be accepted without a completed application form.
• Write a letter of application on no more than one side of A4 (11 point text). Your letter of application should outline your previous experience and how this makes you a suitable candidate for the position for which you are applying.
Please submit your application form either by e-mail or by post to:
Mrs Sarah Young
Corby Technical School
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts working with children and young people will be subject to an enhanced disclosures barring service check.
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th September 2021 – 12.00pm
We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to this date.
Corby Technical School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years