Student Welfare Manager/Pastoral Year Leader
37 Hrs Per Week
Term-Time Plus 3 days
Band E £20,092 - £21,748 (£17,619 - £19,072 Pro Rata)
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Maltby Academy for an exceptional Student Welfare Manager/Pastoral Year Leader to work with an experienced and highly motivated team of professionals.
We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and talented professional to provide high quality pastoral care, support and guidance for students by identifying and removing barriers to learning and promoting health and wellbeing to secure positive progression routes. They will liaise with staff, parents/carers and multi-agencies to ensure that students develop the necessary emotional, social and physical resilience to engage successfully with learning.
Maltby Academy already has a strong team of professionals delivering high quality learning in and out of the classroom who work together to achieve our Academy vision ‘to deliver exceptional learning experiences that enable all young people to thrive in a competitive world and lead successful and fulfilling lives’. If you feel you would like to be a part of that team and could make a valuable contribution to driving standards and performance to the next level, we would like to hear from you.
A visit to the Academy, so you can meet the Principal and key Middle and Senior Leaders is strongly advised, to enable you to discuss the post in more detail.
The ideal candidate will:
- be committed to Maltby Learning Trust's Vision and Values and the Academy's Key Drivers.
- be a driven, proactive, and positive individual with an unwavering commitment to continuously improving their own standards
- have a true growth mindset, exceptional work ethic and a sense of humour.
- have the knowledge and experience of the context in which Maltby Academy operates.
In return we offer:
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff.
- Mentoring and support from an experienced team.
- Dedicated office space which inspires outstanding performance.
- An opportunity to work collaboratively within a multi academy Trust
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
For further information please contact: Rachael Barratt, PA to the Principal on email@example.com.
The 'Role Description' and 'Person Specification' can be accessed from our website careers page.
To apply please visit our website careers page - https://www.maltbylearningtrust.com/vacancies
Closing Date: Monday 27th September 2021 at 9.00am
Interviews: To be confirmed
Committed to Safeguarding & Promoting the Welfare of Children | An Equal Opportunities Employer
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years