Student Welfare Officer
£75-£80 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training and qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are recent experience and a valid first aid qualification.
Easter-Summer (possible Temp-Perm), full-time, 8:15am-3:15pm
We would be interested to speak to experienced individuals who have previous experience in a welfare/first aid role. As the point of contact for medical requirements in school you will be responsible for the administration of first aid and student's medication. You will need to be calm and efficient and a good communicator, being comfortable dealing with staff, students, parents and outside agencies.
The position is full-time, 8:15am-3:15pm each day and is currently until the end of the summer term but could be potentially a permanent position for the right candidate.
This is a secondary mainstream school located in the Kirklees area.
To be considered for the Student Welfare Office position, you will:
- Have an up to date, relevant, First Aid qualification
- Have previous experience in a welfare role
- Have previous experience working with young people
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria)
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period)
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme
- Access to a dedicated consultant who will provide ongoing support
How to apply
If you are a Student Welfare Officer who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Secondary Education team on 01484 642892.
Vision for Education Ltd