An inspiring initiative by one of the most prominent UAE families Al Ghurair, Dar Al Marefa School is a top-ranked and widely recognised bilingual International Baccalaureate® school in Dubai, with a broader academic vision – to make a significant contribution to the next generation of the UAE by partnering with parents, friends and the local community.
Dar Al Marefa is an IB World School offering a bilingual education in English and Arabic. Our curriculum reflects our respect for local and regional cultures while preparing our students for an increasingly complex and interconnected world. Our teaching staff from 17 different nationalities provide a world-class education to our student body from over 35 countries. The school has relocated to an innovative new campus in Al Khawaneej with high end facilities, led by an inspirational leadership team.
Due to our continuous growth, we welcome new members of staff to join our wonderful team of international educators every year. With a passion for teaching and the ability to inspire student inquiry and engagement, we are seeking applications from educators with the ability to differentiate learning and to demonstrate a deep commitment to educating the child in a holistic manner.
1. Overall responsibility of the wellbeing of the students.
2. Be responsible for the social progress of the School students.
3. Create strategies to promote positive behavior management and monitor its application, for example, rewards, consequences, movement around school, and expectations for behavior.
4. To conduct student assemblies per the agreed calendar to promote the wellbeing strategy of the school.
5. Work along with the ECA Manager and other Leadership members to develop a meaningful and holistic extra-curricular activities/programme for the School.
6. Lead the anti-bullying strategy.
7. Line manages the Student Wellbeing Team, including Grade level leaders 1-5 , Year Leaders from Grade 6-10 and Lead Tutors for Grade 11-12.
8. Ensure attendance and punctuality monitoring processes in place to support the data for compliance with the KHDA guidelines and inspections.
9. Present termly reports on the student attendance and behavior trends across the School to the school Principal to suggest improvements in the system.
10. Lead projects that support the implementation of and achievement of the School’s KHDA Action Plan with respect to Student Well Being and Welfare.
11. Be responsible for the School’s wellbeing policies.
12. Involve parents in playing a key part in promoting positive attitudes and behaviors.
13. Be the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) for the whole school if qualified for.
Teaching and Learning
14. Teach classes as directed in his/her specialty department (at least 25% teaching load) and cover colleagues when needed.
15. Show strong subject knowledge, staying up to date with developments.
16. Embrace uses of technology in enriching student learning and maintaining assessment and progress data.
. Bachelor Degree in a related area and qualified teacher status.
• Should have at least 3 years previous experience of school leadership or middle management roles.
• Previous experience in a pastoral position is essential.
• A detailed understanding of the current safeguarding policies for schools and familiarity of educational best practices.
• Strong communication skills, attention to detail, inter-personal relationships, professionalism, high standards and expectations.
• Be able to think strategically to establish procedures to maintain the strong ethos and behavior across the school, using a wide range of diverse strategies.
• Be able to develop strong working relationships with students, parents and colleagues and lead teams to reach a shared goal.
• Understand the inherent value of all students and be able to inspire them to achieve and support them through the challenges they face, whilst maintaining the highest levels of behavior.
• Able to take initiative and maintain a calm approach in sometimes challenging circumstances.
High level of IT Skills;
Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with students, parent and peers;
Be willing to engage in extra-curricular activities;
Strong work ethic and willingness to contribute to the general welfare of the School.
Living in Dubai:
As one of the world’s most dynamic cities and an international hub, Dubai is a major player in the international teaching market offering first-class education. Dar al Marefa seek diversity and inspiring academics who have the same family values as we do.
We provide a generous package which includes; a tax-free salary, residence visa, private medical insurance, an annual flight allowance home and tuition fee concessions. We can help you with the stress of relocation and can provide you high quality company accommodation.
To apply, please complete and submit your TES application form.
All appointments are subject to interview, successful references and background checks, visa and work permit approval as per UAE Labour law and KHDA approval.
Dar Al Marefa Private School
United Arab Emirates
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 18 years