Location: MAITLAND All Saints College, St Peter's Campus
Vacancy Type: Contract
Description: A Studies Coordinator has specific responsibility for the management of a Key Learning Area or combination of subjects as specified by the position. The coordinator is a member of the school's leadership team, which comprises the Principal, Assistant Principal(s) and other Coordinators. As a member of the leadership team the coordinator will offer assistance and support in:
- the day to day operation of the School
- promotion of the Catholic ethos of the School
- the initiation of and contribution to quality teaching and learning programs
- the promotion of an effective pastoral care program
- the implementation of the School's policies and procedures
- the promotion of the hospitality, accessibility and visibility of the management team
Position Requirements: A Studies Coordinator must be able to demonstrate:
- must be able to fulfill the requirements of the Diocesan Faith Education Accreditation Policy. Successful applicants will be required to be accredited within four (4) years of appointment.
- An understanding of and a clear commitment to the philosophy and objectives of Catholic education, as expressed in a variety of Church documents, and as related to specific curriculum areas.
- A capacity to effectively integrate Catholic ethos into faculty policies and programme.
- A thorough knowledge of, a capacity, and a willingness, to manage the implementation of relevant syllabus and syllabi.
- A capacity and willingness to actively supervise, resource, and support staff to ensure effective classroom teaching.
- A capacity to fulfil the requirements of a middle management position within a secondary school.
- A capacity to initiate, and a willingness to develop, an ongoing programme of assessment and evaluation by which the effectiveness of the department in achieving its aims and objectives may be measured.
- A capacity and willingness to professionally develop self and relevant staff.
- A high level of proficiency as a classroom teacher.
- An ability to implement and monitor assessment and reporting programmes which incorporate a standards-referenced approach.
- A capacity to modify and monitor teaching programmes to cater for the learning needs of all students.
- An understanding of cross-curricular issues such as literacy and numeracy (and the incorporation of ICT skills into teaching programmes).
- Proficiency in the use of technology as a teaching and organisational tool.
- A capacity to support staff in relation to the management of students in the classroom in a particular subject area or areas.
Essential Criteria: Applicant must
- have a capacity and willingness to teach Accelerated Mathematics in Stage 5
- be appropriately qualified as a four year trained teacher
- record current NESA and Working With Children number on application.
- applicants will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead (formerly FEA) and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category C – Accreditation for Leadership. Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
Conditions of Employment: The position attracts an allowance at the level of Coordinator 2. Initial appointment will be for two years, renewable for a further four years subject to a satisfactory performance review.
Applications Close: Thursday 15 November, 2018
Instructions: Forward your Curriculum Vitae together with a covering letter addressing selection criteria via email (preferred) as one pdf to the contact person.
Name: Bernard Burgess (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Telephone: 4933 6933
By email (preferred):
Head of Campus
All Saints College, St Peter's Campus
9 Free Church Street
Specific School Requirements/ Additional Info: The covering letter attached to your curriculum vitae (full personal details and contact details of referees) should address the criteria as outlined above. The preferred applicant will be required to complete the registration process for the Diocese. Applications will be received at the school up to 3.00pm on the closing date.