Subject Lead for Drama, Tudor Grange Academy Kingshurst, Birmingham
Closing date: Thursday 16th September 2021
Date posted: 9th August 2021
Start date: January 2021, Easter 2022
Contract type: Full Time
Salary: Main / Upper Scale/ TLR 2A
Contract term: Permanent
Suitable for NQTs: No
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding Subject Lead for Drama to contribute to a thriving department and will be key to helping the department move forward and increase the number of opportunities available to students at the academy. We are looking for a leader that demonstrates resilience, is driven and self-motivated and that will contribute to the success of our cohesive and welcoming academy.
The successful applicants would be expected to teach at both KS3 and KS4. Much time is committed to developing a wide range of teaching and learning strategies to be implemented within the subject, with a focus on a collaborative approach to planning with centralised, shared units of work and resources across the whole Trust.
As a current curriculum offer we follow AQA and the chosen candidate will need to demonstrate:
· Experience in success for improving teaching and learning in across the academy
· Able to lead, motivate and inspire staff and students
· Have a drive for continuing professional development
· Have experience of managing change and development
· Passionate about raising standards for students in Business Studies
· Be committed to continuous improvement
We are a large mixed secondary school for children aged 11-19, located in North Solihull/Birmingham borders. We are committed to providing the best education possible for our students and are keen to attract quality teachers for our appreciative learners. Our students are proud of our Academy and are excited to welcome committed teachers to join us. The successful candidate will have a passion for education and making a real difference to the lives of our students. All subject specialisms are welcome to apply. It is a very exciting time to join us having recently, September 2018, joined the high performing Tudor Grange Academies Trust of 11 schools (6 secondary and 5 primary schools). We are excited about what we can achieve together and our high quality, state of the art building enables all our students and staff to excel with extensively refurbished learning environments and facilities.
Additionally, you will benefit from:
• teaching in a forward-thinking department with excellent resources and facilities for teachers who love their subject
• working in a multi-academy trust with the potential for opportunities of collaboration and leadership across the four other secondary schools, as well as large scale Trust Insets with opportunities to network and share best practice and share resources across the Tudor Grange family of schools
Informal visits and conversations about the post are most welcome.
Application Deadline: 12:00pm Thursday 16th September 2021
Completed applications must be returned to Stella Smallwood at the academy by 12pm on the closing date via email to email@example.com
For further details please visit https://www.kingshurst.tgacademy.org.uk/
The recruitment process is robust in seeking to establish the commitment of candidates to support the school’s measures to safeguard children and to identify, deter or reject people who might pose a risk of harm to children or are otherwise unsuited to work with them. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check. All applications will be considered on their merit and the post will be offered subject to the usual health and criminal record clearance. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Tudor Grange Academy Kingshurst
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years