If you're looking for a school where the safety, happiness and future opportunities for all our learners is at the heart of everything we do, then Guru Nanak Sikh Academy is the School for you. Whether it be for our staff or students, our aim is to support everyone to deliver and develop to be at their best. We take our responsibility for educating young people very seriously.
We place Teaching and Learning alongside student progress and staff development at the heart of all we do. The successful candidate will be supported with a full induction programme tailored to their experience.
Your future learning environment was opened in 1993 Guru Nanak Sikh College at the request of the community by our founder Sant Baba Amar Singh Ji. His vision is that through education we can eradicate poverty and ignorance. The Academy is dedicated to educating and supporting students and staff to better their outcomes and continue lifelong learning by "providing an outstanding learning environment which challenges us all, staff and pupils, to achieve our full potential and to share our successes, knowledge and skills with the local, national and global community". (Mr R. Sandhu - Executive Principal).
The Academy is an oversubscribed all through Academy in Hayes, Hillingdon. It currently has a 6 form of entry in the Secondary Phase with a Sixth Form and 2 form of entry in the Primary Phase.
We are a happy Academy with delightful, enthusiastic pupils, excellent hard working staff, supportive parents and loyal governors. If you are interested in investing in your future alongside that of our future generations, then this is the School for you.
Through the COVID Pandemic we have supported our staff to work from home and had high level safety measures in place from the first lockdown and continued into September 2020. We were also one of the first school to protect both its staff and students by making face masks mandatory and supporting additional measures for community safety and wellbeing.
We can offer you the following:
• Staff well-being;
• Perkbox available for GNSA staff with over 100's of perks / discounts available.
• Strong community spirit
• Vibrant mixed staff
• Positive student staff relationships
• Staff social events organised
• Great results in a supportive environment
• Strong Academic history
• Positive student and staff relationships
• Employer pension contribution – Teachers Pension Scheme (Teachers); Local Government Pension Scheme (Support staff)
• Season ticket loan – employees are entitled to apply for an annual, interest free season ticket loan for travel or apply for a bike loan
• Free Health and Fitness – full access to the Academy’s fantastic gym and fitness facilities • Free lunch and hot drinks – for staff who dine with students
• A commitment to Wellbeing — including;
- access to a counsellor
- Perkbox staff rewards programme including discounts at a great deal
- discounted local Health Club & GYM membership
- mentor programme for all new staff
- Fully supported trainee Programme
- Two-Week half term in Autumn
- directed time in summer term to prepare and be ready for the year ahead - allowing a reduced stress build up to the summer term
• Interest Free Loan for IT equipment
• Free Flu Jab (offered to all staff annually on site)
• Membership of Education Support’s Employee Assistance Programme.
• Clear ‘SHARE’ vision and values that promote academic and personal success and well-being
• Staff training, recognition and succession planning
• Certified CPD online course programmes with access to a wide variety of training and qualifications
• Great succession planning and career pathways prospects
• Great transport links; Onsite parking, 10 minutes drive to Heathrow or M25, 15 Minutes walk to Southall Cross Rail Station
Clear ‘SHARE’ vision and values that promote academic and personal success and well-being
Great succession planning and career pathways prospects
Over 80% of current SLT have been promoted from within. A history of training and promotion from within, including staff who have trained and developed from LSA/PGCE staff to becoming teachers to key middle leaders and members of the current SLT.
Supportive training, recognition of good practice and NPQ qualification training.
Join our journey and make your next journey here.
Thank you for the interest you have shown in the role of Subject Lead of Computer Science. Please note the closing date for applications is 21st May 2021. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
Guru Nanak Sikh Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 18 years