The Aga Khan Academy Maputo is the third school in a global network of day and residential schools for exceptional students, offering a curriculum based on the highly regarded International Baccalaureate (IB) series of programmes. The Aga Khan Academies aim to develop future leaders with the skills and knowledge to support positive development in their societies, by recruiting talented young people from all backgrounds and providing them with the highest international standard of education. Exciting career opportunities await those who wish to make a difference. Currently we have around 210 students with further growth/expansion in the coming years. For more/additional information please visit https://www.agakhanacademies.org/maputo
We are currently recruiting an Subject Lead - Portuguese Language & Literature (MYP & DP). She/he will be part of a growing community, one that develops young people of talent and potential from Mozambique to be the well-educated, ethical and pluralistic leaders of tomorrow. The successful candidate will provide students with learning experiences that are engaging, relevant, challenging and significant through enabling inquiry, based on the beliefs and values of the IB within the context of the mission and ethos of the Aga Khan Academy Maputo. In addition, the teacher will ensure that students make progress as a result of their learning, monitoring progress and planning interventions, as necessary, to maximise each student’s achievements.
The successful candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree with teaching qualification, previous IB teaching (MYP and/or DP), and be familiarised with the new MYP & Diploma Programme curricular changes.
The Aga Khan Academy, Maputo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students in its care. As an employer, the school expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are appointed subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
The closing date for applications: 10 April 2021
Start date: August 2021
Being an intentionally diverse community, we welcome applications from qualified candidates from all cultural and educational backgrounds. Please note that only candidates who are shortlisted will be notified.
For further information and to apply, please visit www.akdn.org/careers
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 5 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English, Portuguese.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom or United States.
- Criminal background check, Medical check
- Over 18 and below 65 years of age
The Aga Khan Academy, Maputo
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years